Friday, September 25, 2009

I want to move back time...








...and who doesn't, as the Autumn season fills our days with scarlet leaves and misty morns...the sounds of school buses whining down the lane...and the silence, as most migratory birds have flown to warmer climes...we sit and wait...having battened the hatches for the torrents ahead, our hot coffee settles our nerves, as one more season of summer fades into memory...winter, the time of rest and regrowth...

IN THEORY...

However, this winter we have reason to worry...will the income be there, will people get out and shop as the cold winds and snows bury our dreams of summer...I so want to be where the summer clouds float high above my green pastures and promise of bounty. This is why people turn into snowbirds...fleeing the frozen knowing of what lies ahead.

But this year...again I stay, helping my daughter in her shop making ends meet, as folks are still losing their jobs and their homes, as a country faces financial crisis, us little peeps, keep dragging our shackles so we can dutifully bale out wall street once and again...

What happened to the dream...

7 comments:

cconz said...

Oh, how i want time to go back to spring time. I hate being cold!

Utah Grammie said...

Oh how sad that summer is leaving and bringing forth the worries associated with the double dip of bad economy AND bad weather! My prayers will be with you and all that we make it throough and give thanks for what we do have..friends, family and LOVE!

Love ya Sista-from-another-mister (and another mother..)

apriliniowa said...

Iowa in winter is so beautiful but it can be a little brutal as well. That I know. Lovely photographs and a well-written post. I haven't been to Sister's Garden for two years (I used to live in Washington) but it is, indeed, a wonderful wonderful place. I'm sure all will go well. Keep you chin up and thank you for stopping by my blog.

Greyscale Territory said...

O Sharon,

Sending you a super warm hug from Australia! We have Spring, but it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis at the moment. It keeps slipping back to chilled winds, hail and mist! (That's what it is right now!)

But my home is warm hence the hug is minus the chills outside!

But love the subdued tones of your photos you posted here!

Bobbi said...

Look at you! It's been about a year since I've played around with the shadow shooters and here you are....still clicking breath taking pictures. Love, them.

Lily Hydrangea said...

This is beautiful.
Keep hanging on,the dream still exists. Now more than ever is the time for anyone who has a creative bone in their body to keep on creating. So please continue to lift us up with your creations like you do.

Rae said...

OH yes, what happened to the dream. I'm 76 y/o retired nurse, and I had so many beautiful dreams for this country.But...
Love your site, and the gorgeous pics.
And thanks for stopping by my site on SS, and leaving a comment.
Rae