Monday, September 21, 2009

Our new digs...

This is the new location of our 'junkin' soiree'...The Noe Haus...the charm of the Amana Colonies is everywhere. The history really fascinates me, the settlers chose the fertile Iowa River valley to set up their colonies...you should Google this and catch their history, a fascinating story for sure.




...more exploring needed...come early and wear yer walkin' shoes, cause there's lots to see...

...the theater company sets many a play and musical in this old barn, so picturesque of days gone by...

...iron works galore is set up in this shops yard...we got to visit this place!!!

...what a wonderful old stone home this must've been back in the day...

...and like Lorie and I, these junkers know how to stack junk...

We are almost totally out of Palo, a bittersweet moment in our travels...this darling lil' house will not sit empty long. Anyone with half an imagination will be able to pull her vintage charms out once again...we love the peeps there and plan on going back to visit often, as an artists colony is in the works...you should see our old shop...is it cute or what. When she gets it finished, I'll go back for a visit and take lots of pics...

So don't be sad, just wait for the next adventures of the "Crazy White Gurlz"...and their traveling junkin' soiree'...

8 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, love the last photo. That's how my space is looking at Zapp!

simplyiowa said...

Hey Missy!
Glad ya got moved! Hope you can make it to my sale, you are only 11miles away now... You and Lori will be Wonderful for the Amana's!
Barb C

summersundays-jw said...

I don't feel bad for you at all -- although I loved Palo. Figure this will just give you more time for huntin' & gatherin' & covering tables with burlap. That's what you seem to enjoy most. Just think how nice it will be when you wake up on those cold ole Iowa wintry days & there's frost on the windows, you can sit all day in your big chair & ponder. Jan

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Sharon, I love your new digs...I just wanted to let you know that I am having my 100th post giveaway and I wanted you to join in on the fun! I know you will love the stuff that I've chosen, so come over and see what it's all about.

Lori R. said...

Fun Fun!!! I was there today, you got a nice place girl!!! It will be all warm and toasty this winter! I love the Amanas and there is sooo much to look at. Today it was a little quiet but that gave us a chance to really look at stuff without bumping into people. I also went into that glass store( you know me and glass!!) We parked behind there and walked. Nice easy walking... I'm glad you got moved and I'm saving my pennies for the tall piece in the back room with the flat drawers, each drawer is lettered with sewing notions names, I think. The letters looked like marble, Ohhhh, what did they call that??? I don't know, but I REALLY LIKED IT!!! ttyl

Ackworth born said...

sounds like a great community to become a part of.

Golden West said...

It's definitely easier to go where the customers already are than try to get them to come to you! And it's a definite plus to not be tied down with the responsibility of being behind the counter - good for you! Looks like a good move all the way around.

Greyscale Territory said...

This looks like a fascinating place to wander! It looks very "villagey" with wonderful atmosphere!

I'm so thrilled for you!