Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Could it be from the Provence...

I got this piece from Sisters' to paint for her, at first we were thinking black, very country Iowa...then I got to looking at the piece and then I looked at my can of gray paint and thought, hmmmmm...
The piece started to look very cottage-y to me...I think I may just pull off that look of French cottage...what do you think...

The last of the snows last week...

Early this morning...Winter in it's death watch...
a yard in dire need of sunshine...is this what we look like for months without the sun...
no wonder we get cabin fever...

Be gone with ye ol' man Winter!!!

9 comments:

The Green Pea said...

Black or gray either one will look great. I look forward to the post when you are finished...sandi

Anita said...

I think you will need to work some magic on that one- maybe add a couple shelves or something...not so Frenchy, I think. But more utilitarian, simple, the grey would work...like a Scandinavian look maybe?

Golden West said...

I'm a fan of buttercream - not white, not yellow, but goes well with red, blue, black, green, gray, even lilac, when it's treated like a neutral. It was real popular paired with green in 1930s kitchens.

As always, looking forward to seeing your finished project!

Colleen said...

I love it! Yes, or even Providence Rhode Island?!

Glad you're not buried in SNOW - come on Spring! We need to be wearin' o'the green for St. Paddy's day!

cconz said...

Hi sweet sharon, I'm for the creamy color. Say, the snow IS MELTING!!!!Work your magic on the new piece,

Tallulah Antiques Closet said...

Im glad Spring has finaly made her debut to your garden, now that the snow is melting. Cant wait to see your finished job on the French pieace. Thanks Julian

Jackie said...

Oh yes, go for the french look!!!

The Attic said...

As much as I love the black, I think the gray will be perfect. I see it has the holes for the shelving...do you have the shelves? I can't wait to see the after pics!

Nancy

sassytrash said...

Definitely gray instead of black! Maybe add some moldings or hardware?
Can't wait to see it finished!
(I'm so impressed with your industriousness....I'm floundering in spring fever and can't seem to get anything done!)