Friday, March 26, 2010

Uh oh...

Ok...I promise...this is it...the last of the oak...
my glass-front bookcase is now a creamy white(with mildew)
why you ask...oak is not a wood I'm in love with anymore, everything on the inside was not visible, books were hard to find...sooo...

Yes, this is the look I'm after...bright and cheery, that lil' corner in the room has really lit up. Now filled with my collection of old books of poetry, they are more visible and inviting.

Though, beautiful in it's own way, a very country look is not in the cards these days...
I never thought I would have my own painted furniture in my house,
but it works now...
and I have two boxes of stuff ready to take to work for sale...

PURGE...is the word!!!

11 comments:

Golden West said...

It's liberating to get rid of stuff, plus it gives you room for more, just in case...

Debra@Common Ground said...

What a wonderful transformation! It really works! Love your paint technique.
Debra

T said...

Wow...what a beautiful transformation! I love the new look.

The Attic said...

This is by far the BEST one yet! I am telling you girl..you need to have your own television spot!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Great look! Job well done. Have a good day.

cconz said...

It sure is brighter. Is that the same cubboard that displayed you cork work? If you ever purge the cork. call me. My mouth dropped when i saw your beautiful collection.

angelandspot said...

Purge is the word for sure. I have 10 boxes of stuff packed up for the swap meets already and plan to pack up some more in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed I will actually sell some of it.

Cassie said...

What a great job you did on restoring this piece. I love the color of the stain. (I'm not into oak either.)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh my! I LOVE the new look! Sooo much better..you're good !

Sacred Ruminations said...

Aw yez ... purge ;-)
My sister and best friend feel WONDERFUL when they do this, while I find it a bit challenging. Enjoy selling off your 'stuph' ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

pollyanns said...

My hubby always cringes when I want to paint over wood, but I hate it when you can't see what's inside because it is so dark. Kudos to you for making it your own!