Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday....Little Birds...

I'm alone
and waiting
little birds
soon I'll
feel your flights
of fancy
all 'round
my nest

I'll sweep
Winter's stale
breath
from my hearth
and sing
the lyrics
of spring
with the sun
on my palm

oh warm sun
my hand lingers
under your
gaze
while
blue birds
peck at my hair
nesting
on warm blue orbs
life renews

tall grasses
weave
symphonies
to a cricket's
composition
the buzz
and the hum
and the essence
of life
manifesting
into blooms
and beaks
all 'round

again
it is Spring
and it is
sacred
and
I would trade
my soul
for a song
and a day
in the
sun



s.wilson


Ok...we're feelin' it...Spring is in the air, though some of us are still getting snows,
right Colleen...
but we know this time of year they don't last long...although if it were to snow 6 inches tomorrow, I'd be devastated...after tasting the sweet warmth and the promise of Spring
it's hard to go back...and right now I'm so sick of my woolies and long-Johns...
Anyway, it's Sunday in Australia...
and Shadow Shot Sunday awaits...