Monday, March 22, 2010

A little birdie told me...

Well, I been sick all week with a very nasty Spring cold, so painting furniture was not on the menu...or anything else for that fact.
So I decided to frame this watercolor of a bluebird I did a couple of years ago.
I love the look of collage, but don't have the patience for it...so I altered this painting with an old photo album page and some words from a vintage child's bird study book...
I liked the way it turned out, so I'll play some more...
$65.00

This pencil sketch of a crow study was done a few years ago too...same scenario, this little book turned out to be a treasure and I will do many more of this collection as soon as I get more paintings finished...now I'm havin' fun...ah choo!!!
$45.00

OK, I'm really havin' fun now...
This lil' warbler I painted yesterday especially for these projects...isn't he just the cutest!!!
I love the look of pencil and watercolor.
This one is my fave...agree...
And they all are for sale and going to Sisters',
so grab while you can!

$65.00

10 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You are so talented! I had no idea you painted so beautifully AND your compositions of frame, feathers and old book and album parts is FanTaStiC! These are my favorite pieces..you are amazing!

summersundays-jw said...

Is there no end to your talent!!! These are absolutely wonderful. Sorry you felt bad this weekend but doesn't look like you wasted much time. If Iowa's weather was anything like ours, you were better off inside. Hope you're better this morning. The sun is shinning & it's suppose to be a nice week. Yea!!!! Jan

happily retired gal said...

I'm sorry to learn you've been ill but am delighted with your lovely creations ... so delightful! Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Val said...

your compositions are amazing,it seems that the spring cold brought you inspiration.These birds look so free and joyful!
val

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hope your feeling better now. And the birds you had painted are beautiful. I love birds. But so does KITTY! She's a bad girl. Have a good day.

Johnny Nutcase said...

ohhh! these are excellent, thumbs up!! That's quite some talent and the frames are cool too - awesome stuff!

Golden West said...

I'm a sucker for the old walnut criss cross frames and you painting goes in it so well! Great idea using old album pages as mats for your paintings, Sharon - your birds are really well done!

cconz said...

Sweet lady, These are my favorite creations that you've done. Are they at sister's or the candle shed? One will be mine. They are beautiful. Hope your feeling better. Slow down and eat some soup.

donna baker said...

So good Sharon, and tweet.

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

You are so talented and beautiful inside and out. Love and warm thoughts flowing up your way from Kansas.