Thursday, February 24, 2011

Swoonworthy...

Now this is my kinda chicken coop...
or should I say chicky condo!!!
You simply must go check out this coop over at
THE FANCY FARMGIRL!
Click on 'The Farm' and it will take you to that particular post...
SWEET!!!

Back to reality...
Well, back in the day, I used to raise chickens, lots of chickens...
and wild turkeys n Canada geese n ducks of all sorts n peacocks n guineas
n Embden, Toulouse and Pilgrim geese n pheasants...
boy, those were the days and boy do I missum!
Oh yeah...let's not forget the POOP!!!
Lots n lots of poop!!!

I want to have a chicken coop built, so I been surfing the web...
cute huh...though not quite for me...talk about meals on wheels!

Now this is sweet...wouldn't it be cute painted pink...

This one is really cute too...love all the windows!

OK...maybe if I lived in the back hills...
talk about recycling...LOL!

This is absolutely adorable, but I'm afraid the hens would
have to fight me for the space...
too too...

Now this is what I'm talkin' about!!!
This is what my shed guy and I were talkin' about...an out-house!
I only want a few hens...and this model is a two-holer
and will accommodate two nesting boxes just spiffy
and room enough for a garbage can for the feed...
hey, it's a matter of budget here...and less is more, right!
I just want a few heirloom hens...the ol'timey reliable type...
Barred Rocks...the checkered chickens...nice plump hens with ginormous
brown eggs...mmmmm...egg salad

Besides, I know what happens when you get too many hens...EGGS...
lots n lots of eggs...
and varmints,
they come out of the woodwork when you have meals on wheels!

YUP...I have a dream...
hey I live in Iowa...and I'm a farm-girl wannabe!
Me and Scratchy...and THE GIRLS!

SWEET!

12 comments:

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

I'm with you Sharon on the "SHeD" where the hens might have to move out!!! Headed over to "Fancy FarmGirl" right now...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Cute buildings for sure Sharon.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh those are sweet!
(Well, except maybe for the one made from a dryer...)
:)
Jan

Virginiarose said...

COOL I THINK YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE ONE. THE HARD PART WOULD BE PICKING THE RIGHT ONE. LOVE THEM ALL EXCEPT THE DRYER.
PALO HAS AN ORDANENCE TO ALLOW HENS IN TOWN.GLEN THE GUY 2 DOORS UP FROM WHITE HAS THEM IN HIS BACKYARD.
KEEP DREAMIN GINGER

sassytrash said...

Two hens would be perfect (I saw this quote once and did a sampler of it: "I only keep hens because when you bring in a rooster the hens act like jerks") AND chicken poop is great fertilizer!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

this is one of the bestest posts I've read today! Love it..and as a Certified "Chicken-Sitter"..I'd love to have a sitting-gig at your place!

Love the coops - out here we have a "Parade of Coops" along with the normal Parade of Homes..and they actually set up a routs for you to go see and talk to the owners..uh..the human owners..the chickens are too laid back to talk..hey "Laid back"! I crack me up..

MARY PERNULA said...

I love the buildings, all of them forget letting the hens live there. HUGS MARY

Tess Kincaid said...

I've always wanted chickens.

Life is good! said...

those chicken coops are so darling i may just want to raise chickens just to have one in my backyard!

Bohemian said...

I may have to evict some chickens and take up roost myself... dibs on Chicken Coop #1 *swooning*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Gatherings said...

Hey the snow all went your way. You can keep it., We just got a dusting! Not likin the price of gas lately

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Excellent photo array this weekend. I loved each. But y'know, this brings up a question ---when I was a kid, [long ago, trust me] they always said that brown eggs taste better....do you find that true? Me...I can't tell the difference.


Here is my link:

Misty Morn

Have a great weekend.