Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We're waiting...

Winter in the heartland...
we sit and wait for the next blast to hit us,
though north and east of us have really been socked with it,
but we've lucked out this year, only modest snowfalls...
WELL...here it comes...

You see the lil' bump on the far eastern edge of Iowa...
well, I live right under the bump in the little bend of the Mississippi River.
You can see we're in the purple right next to the pink,
which means we could get 6-12 inches or 12 and beyond...

This is a 8 inch snowfall(last year)...

This is a 6 incher...and my driveway from hell...
but I look at is as physical therapy, exercise out in the elements,
right, but along with the snow will come the brutally cold temps.
Critters starve in these conditions not being able to get to food source,
so I try to have my bird feeders full for these events.

...and pray to the Gods that they be merciful!!!

12 comments:

time worn interiors said...

Thank goodness all we are getting is rain out of this front!
Theresa
aka:tot

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Wow Sharon, that storm is headed our way but not near as much snow as you all received. Hope you are staying warm, T

Motherkitty said...

Here in Omaha, Nebraska we're in for six to eight inches. I'm dreading it! You will get it worse, and for that I am so sorry. Stay warm!

MARY PERNULA said...

Take care my friend and I am sure Old Man Winter will be kind to you. HUGS MARY

Miss Becky said...

I just shocked myself when I looked at my calendar and discovered it's February 1st! I too am in the midst of deep purple - 18" predicted from the storm itself and several more from lake effect. But I'm still holding out hope that it will steer farther south at the last minute and the worst will miss us. Stay warm dream of spring! that's a great photo btw.

T said...

Although your Pink Chateau looks so pretty amongst all that snow - it makes me cold thinking about it. Only like the snow for skiing.
Hope it does not get too bad for you.

House Things said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck...wanna go play at Sisters today...Haha

summersundays-jw said...

If you look way down in southern Mo. we're right on the edge of purple & pink. It's snowing like crazy & the wind is blowing hard. It's all coming your way. I was so relieved not to have the ice. Stay warm!!! Jan

Gatherings said...

Got home about 3 it was mostly blowing. Actually had two customers. Suprised. Working on the shop for spring!

The Attic Girls said...

I hope you do okay girl...I have to stop complaining about a little cold weather! Love that photo you posted..I think it's a PUG!

donna baker said...

It is so cold here; power was out half the day. I just can't stand the cold and the animals out in it haunt me. I have got to get a winter home somewhere warm.

Catherine said...

a stunning collage of snow shots!!