Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Morning Glory


To gather a bloom,
one must hasten,
as seasons can be fickle...
But to capture the essence,
is to capture the sun,
a growing and a knowledge
beyond terrestrial soils...
I have captured your wisdom
and thus...
you have stolen my heart.
I think this is one of my favorites...the Morning Glory. When it snows you have a myriad of things that can happen...if you will them. These are my favorite beads, they are brown matte and fire-polished to give them a magical sparkle in rainbow hues, all Earth elements as seen in the rainbows and prisms of light. Using the old wire to wrap the beads gives it the look of real age and the pink beads were recycled from an old necklace gathered from afar...Sister's Garden. No fancy expensive gems or wraps are used...only the essentials, a simplicity in my style warms my heart and hoping yours too.
Sister's is aglow with the sparkle of gems right now, Barb's sister-in-law Barb too, has a wonderful collection of charms for the holidays, sparkles and baubles of every variety...so visit us for the magic...tis the season...
Sisters' is also having a customer appreciation day this Friday, serving hot chocolate and fresh donuts from the Kalona bakery, so stop by if you will, she has a great sale going on...be brave!
My necklace is also on my website for purchase...have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I know you said you didn't like to decorate for Christmas but I'd sure like to put some greenery on your old bed in the yard & maybe hang a couple of big ole' red wool socks on it. Makes me want to put an old iron bed in my yard. Jan

Patty in Erie, pa said...

Alright sister....we've had 44 inches of snow in the city by the lake, which keeps the area warm...I live in what they call the snow belt. I've had at least twice that amount of snow, seems all in my driveway. Due to rain this morning, the city now has green grass showin', I still have 18 inches of snow before I get down to green! Oh, did I tell you the average snowfall at this time of year is around 1.5 inches. Tag your it :^) By the way I love the way your pink chateau looks in the snow, just beautiful. What an inspiration you are to me.

JB Knacker said...

Your place does look beautiful w/ snow...I know it's not for you, but looks cozy anyhow. Keeping busy in my neck of Iowa, but life keeps coming at me. Oh, to just focus on being a shop owner would be lovely, but darn these kids, they like to be fed and celebrate birthdays and get lousy colds and get picked up somewhat on time and...that's why sometimes a good old snowstorm is just what's needed~things slow down for a bit. Your jewelry is beautiful! Stay safe and warm! Brenda

willow said...

Morning Glory is wonderful! And I love your new snowy header, too.

Greyscale Territory said...

I notice your lovely necklet utilises a key as a link! It looks like a delightful subtle symbol. And the whole looks so pretty!

Now snow is part of your moment, and filters through your iamges, your blog seems to have a very deep quiet about it that is so very beautiful!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I agree with summersundays, that bed would look so cool with a swag of evergreen. I like the idea of red socks too;)
Marnie

The Muse said...

Which is more a dart to my heart? The writing or the jewelry?...Mmmm
sweetness of spirit in them both...

time-worn interiors said...

Love the necklace!
Theothertheresa

paisley said...

i absolutely love that bedstead in the yard... i may have mentioned this before but i have an old cast iron headboard in front of my porch which i am training ivy to grow around the curls... it is one of my favorite pieces....

Christine said...

That top photo is stunning, both in its simplicity and in its detail.

The Muse said...

Hello! I am very very pleased that you participated in Rhyme Time...The whole work has now been posted...And I am pleased that you are part of the Christmas Chain!!

High Desert Diva said...

Oh man...this necklace is fabulous!