Monday, December 1, 2008

Winter Sprite


Ah...to be at home working, Elizabeth- The Golden Age (soundtrack) on the Bose, Scratchy barking at the squirrel, freezing cold airs outside, a cozy 60 degrees inside, what else you ask...well, a hot cup o Joe..what else! So I shall sit and create as a day meanders to night, the silence soon begins, as I work through the night...ah...yes, this is the life.


I love these hours of daytime to night,
so much can be heard when the days hustle is stilled by the dark...
only the winds and the sound of a lone chime, lamenting for spring...
the Winter Sprite floats on drifts of frozen breath,
alone, waiting to possess the magic hidden by the sun...
dragging her beads of frozen water, droplets of ice tumbling and tumbling...
oh see, she has captured the sky in prisms of aqua,
sequins dancing 'round wings of golden light glazed by the moon...
hush...hush...o'er she flee to the beams.



This new necklace features a brass 'sprite' charm, aged with a bit of old, glass fire-glazed aqua beads and recycled crystal clear sea glass. The bauble captured by this clever sprite, is a jewel that once dangled from an earring of old. This piece is going to Sisters', but will also be on my website for purchase. Email me for availability, as it may have been sold at the antique shop.

Be quick, as sprites are weary...

10 comments:

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Wow, what a gem I found in your blog and a fellow Iowan as well. I just spent a half an hour looking it over and have not even scratched the surface! I also make soy candles but lean heavily toward Patchouli, Nag Champa type scents. I found one that I love for the summer, Tomato Leaf. The "foodies" being my least favorite scents but the most popular with others it seems. I also do beading but both are just past times for me.

Your pink house reminds me of one of my favorite songs "Little Pink Houses".

And like you on Sunday I spent the day watching the snow. It was our first measurable snow of the year. It was the pretty wet kind and I did not have to go to work so I enjoyed it. The dogs and I walked in the woods, it was beautiful! I could relate to your white knuckle driving as well. :)

Stop by my blog again and I will be back to yours as well.

debi said...

Very pretty my friend! And what beautiful words...felt as if I was there myself! (of course being a true blue Southern gal....HATE the cold! :)

xo...deb

The Muse said...

Here is a lovely Christmas prose...
"The Unexpected Gift"
I hope it helps you treasure your family this season...
(it is my latest work)

http://www.jlomowriter.blogspot.com/

Thank you and many blessings...I really am happy to have found your blog :)

cconz said...

love the new necklace. very nice!

Lisa B. said...

How beautiful! I love the necklace and the words!

Lorie M. said...

I will echo those above, I love your whole blog, pictures, art even your gorgeous music choices! Lovely stuff!

High Desert Diva said...

Visiting your blog is always such a visual treat...

I like a cool house as well. 62-64 is very comfortable to me. When I visit friends who keep their thermostats above 70, I end up stripping down to my cami. Everyone thinks I'm having hot flashes. I think people keep their houses too bloody hot.

Utah Grammie said...

Ah, sounds wonderful! And the necklace? Awesome! Your words and the pictures you paint with them soothe my soul. You are indeed a true talent!
Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us
Colleen

The Muse said...

Your kind words are just a glimmer of the true inner beauty you possess. Thank you for the tender and humbling comments you left on my blog, regarding my Christmas poetry :)

I hope to continue my visits here...I feel the presence of "Sprites of All Seasons"....! :)

MuseSwings said...

Beautiful winter sprite! I like the little HOPE charm.