Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sister's Garden...is it Spring yet???

Small glimpses of Christmas can still be seen at Sisters', but Spring is trying to peak it's pretty head round every corner...like this great work table topped with a really cool birdhouse, oh so Springy.
The first time I saw these lamps, I didn't pay much attention, in fact, I didn't even know they were lamps, very cool and sooooo me, you know my lamp thing...right, very old, with some of the original silk cord still attached.
As I was shooting some shots, Barb brought in these great leaded glass windows, the wood has been stripped all around, but how cool are they...thinking Spring here, right...

This platter is just to die for, in perfect condition too. I think it looks so perfect nestled next to two old 'yoyo' pillows, how very ol'timey is that, sorta comforting to me, sitting on an old velvet sofa with a big ol' SOLD sign on it. It's always good to move a big piece, so you can make the magic happen with new arrangements all around.

What's this...ah, yes...there it is, that little bit of Spring, I knew it was there...soon it will be flowing in every space at this wonderful garden shop.

Don't let the icky weather stop you from buying that perfect piece, the girls are willing to skate across the drive to load up your every whim...be brave say 'NO' to Winter...you can't stop me now!

19 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Great stuff! That birdhouse is a condo!

summersundays-jw said...

We're all ready to take Spring in too & after looking at Sisters, I just may do it. Thanks for the inspiration. Jan

trash talk said...

I just love and hate when you post photos of Sisters. I love looking at all the great stuff, puts me in the mood to shop, but I hate it's too far away for me to shop THERE!!! Tn'T

M.Kate said...

Beautiful set of pictures and treasure you have there Sharon. I wish I could just pop over like that..skate or crawl across if I have to. Here's wishing you and your family and Happy New Year and a great 2009. Much love, M

The Feathered Nest said...

Such goodies Sharon!!! I would so love to twitch my nose and visit all of you! And especially visit the beautiful shops you show on your blog ~ I wanted to wish you a wonderful, happy, healthy, antiquey, crusty, and crackled New Year!! xxoo, Dawn

ajunkqueen said...

I used to live where it snow's, and when spring comes around, I enjoyed even the I went to a birtday party for a friend, the paper whites were blooming, took it as a good omen! The store I am in is doing well, the owner called me said i need yo bring in some more goodies, i rreally think 2009 is going to be great!!!

ajunkqueen said...

Ment to say enjoyed even the mud, my ADD is going strong...

Utah Grammie said...

I love the table and the bird house! And the lamps? Yes, sooo you!
Colleen

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Ahh!!! I want to grab all the nice things you have in your blog §:-) Lady?

So much for my interest. Great stuffs!

Have a Happy, blissful, peaceful & HUG the 2009.

Cheers!

Jeanne said...

My grandma used to make those yo-yo pillows, along with flocked gingham pillows and aprons. When she wasn't crocheting -- every chair and sofa sported doilies on the arms and backs. I still have some of the pieces she made. My husband laughs because I drag out the apron and wear it every Christmas when I make cookies.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a great shop and I love when you post pics of it. I would really love to shop here, maybe someday! Happy New Year!

summersundays-jw said...

You are mentioned in my blog this morning. You inspired me to hang out my laundry. We've had a little taste of spring lately & I really like it. Have a wonderful, peaceful & profitable new year. Jan

willow said...

Oooh, I love that platter!

Happy New Year to you and yours, Sharon. :D

Anita said...

I heart the birdhouse.

Happy New Year.

Anita

white o'morn cottage said...

Hurry on spring!
Wishing you and Scratchy a very happy New Year...love Pam

MuseSwings said...

The platter is beautiful! I'll be the purple martins are peeking in the window and reserving rooms in the birdhouse! Have a happy and healthy new year my dear bloggy friend!

Pagan Sphinx said...

I love those leaded glass windows. Gorgeous.

vikki said...

mebbe it is spring??? one day it is, the next not! good to take down the Christmas ~ even tho i did not do as much this year,,, it is a sign that the warmth will return. great pics of sisters' ~ gotta do a roady trip soon m'friend ~ a soap run, too! =) hugs & blessings for a wonderful new year to ya ~ vikki ♥

Dianne said...

Love your blog!

My granddaughter turns 21 this month. It's scary enough without them being legal. They don't really get a brain until 30.