Monday, December 15, 2008

RX for Cabin Fever












Decided yesterday to visit one of my favorite haunts to relieve a little buyers angst, you know when you can't get out of the house, weather wise (too derned cold) ... these are some of the treasures I found. The two terriers in the wonderful old frame, just caught my eye, since I'm one of the crazies that loves the wild terrier. Another old photo of a man, I couldn't resist because of his hair-do. Can you imagine what it was like back in the day when a quick shower wasn't even in the vocabulary...especially in the winter. I don't know about you, but having long hair, I know why they wore buns at the nape of the neck...eeewwww...
I don't know why, but I just love pitchers with fruit on them, they just call to me, especially when you have a fruit theme going on in your kitchen. Then of course the wonderful white ironstone pot and it's in perfect condition. The little white ironstone soap dish is just precious with it's tiny olive green leaf pattern, how sweet. Then I grabbed an old white tablecloth, you never know when one of those will come in handy for a multitude of uses.


So all in all, the day went pretty well, so I scrambled home before the ice moved in...just in time!

13 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Looks like you had a very lucrative day. It was in the 60's here yesterday so we stacked wood on the back porch, checked batteries, made sure we had food in prep for the "ice storm". Luckily, it didn't come. Just a little snow & temps in the teens. I'm staying in today while someone works for me at Leola's -- yea!!! Have a good one & stay warm! Jan

High Desert Diva said...

Glad you were able to get out and have some buying therapy before the ice hit.

I plan on staying inside today and admiring the snow...

trash talk said...

I love the terriers too! Would you believe it was in the 70's yesterday and in the low 30's today. Ahh Texas, my Texas. Tn'T

Anita said...

Oh- I love the terriers too and the fruit pitcher. And white ironstone or any ironstone with transers are usually good sellers. And practical. Good buying! And wasn't yesterday a WEIRD weather day here in Iowa. 40 degrees at 10 am, 4 at 10 PM and sleet in between!

Brace yourself for tomorrow!

Anita

white o'morn cottage said...

Lovely treasures you found. I think the little soap dish is "the business" Well done

cconz said...

great finds sharon, love the terriers. my fix for this weather is ebay. (sorry small shops) i have found lots of christmas treasures for billy. Sounds like i just missed you at sisters, laura and i went there on friday. I bought your oval portrait.

Lisa B. said...

I love the terrier picture!! Sounds like you had a fun day shopping!!

willow said...

Ooooo...I love that fruit pitcher!

We're getting the snow tonight.

time-worn interiors said...

Did you go to my favorite place? I bet you did! Great stuff!
Theresa

M.Kate said...

Wonderful stuff..and I would like to go shopping with you one day, it will be so interesting:D

The Muse said...

just gorgeous imagery! gorgeous!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Looks like you did pretty good. I love the old pitchers too. Talk about men's hair. All that waxy oily stuff they used. Yikes! I think I read somewhere they used shoe black to touch up the gray. Poor wives must have washed and boiled and bleached the laundry to get that stuff out.
Marnie

Utah Grammie said...

Love the picture of the doggies! Soooo cute! Made my morning!