Thursday, October 8, 2009

Black is the new white...

...well, for some anyway...but some pieces just scream BLACK...like this wonderful dresser/buffet...isn't it gorgeous!!! It's being displayed at Grasshoppers...SOLD!!!


...this is a marriage of two pieces, a cutoff 'possum belly' and a hutch top...possibilities are endless for either piece...

Bow fronts are always a fave in my book and black brings in the Pzazz...

A wonderful gentleman's chest....all are featured at Grasshoppers...so come this weekend for the festivities...hope the snows stay away...

3 comments:

The Attic said...

Tis' true! We just got a vanity with a tri fold mirror and the original finish was cherry with a BLACK trim around each mirror and along the edge of the vanity. WISH we could restore her in the same way, but I think she is going to be all black. I will take a before pic today...we sell black and white equally well and wouldn't ya know..there are times when we paint it white and they want it black, and vice versa...Aghhh!!!!!!!!!!

cconz said...

I had to warm up to the black. But, i've seen the pieces you've done and they are beautiful. I really like the dresser. I'll try to make it up to the sale.

Utah Grammie said...

I am loving the new black furniture..I mean the old back furniture...I mean the old furniture in black..oh well, YOU know hat I mean :-)