Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ne'er a love lost...

'Al' M. Wilson

Many say they don't do personals on their blogs, but if you know me well, you know that I say it like it is. I feel that's how we get to know each others lives...it makes it personal and we become sisters of the soul in a virtual world....then friendships grow no matter how far our lives are apart, we feel each others sorrow and joy.

Yesterday I was given the sad news that my ex-husband had passed unexpectedly from complications of pneumonia. He moved on Sunday evening, but the strange thing to me was, Scratchy and I took a drive down the country lanes Sunday morning, the ones Al and I used to drive all the time. I drove by the back of his house and the piece of property I still own next to his. I drove over the levee and looked at the Mighty Miss, just like we used to do, past the fields he used to deer hunt, always looking to see if his truck was in the field in front of the deer stand that my Grandson shot his first deer out of...was this my last drive with him...I like to think not... I'll think of him every time I drive those lanes.

For the last month, I've been dreaming of him, crazy, mixed up dreams of sadness, regret and relief. Some marriages go by the wayside, but the memories stay in our hearts, the good times and the bad...we just move on, but always remember.

Farewell dear friend
we are only separated
by dimensions
as love lingers
eternal
in hearts
we know not
what futures brings
we can only live
for today's journal
to write of paths past
yet knowing
they will cross
again and again
in fields of dreams
I'll walk these paths
again and again
writing memories
in the book
of love
I'll remember
again and again
your face


s.wilson