Friday, October 30, 2009

Rain, rain, go away...

What to do on a rainy day...it's 62 degrees this foggy AM...

Well...you look around for projects to create...VOILA'...
it's a bench...harvested from a pair of sweet chairs that the caning had been removed and I happened to have a board that fit it perfectly on top, just add an old feed sack and it's perfect for
any foyer or porch...or whatever...

Don't remember how lucky I was to find this local bag, but this is my hometown and a business long gone, but remembered, cause they used to sell baby chicks...awwwww...

So now, we sit and dream and wait for the sun...

7 comments:

Friends Candle Shed said...

look ma i commented! hehee

Friends Candle Shed said...

i forgot to write my comment! SWEET DUDE! LUV IT!

Rita said...

Hi,
I've just discovered your blog via some comment you left to some post somwhere. What a pleasant surpise landing here. love your blog and will comeback often to see what you'll be up to.
Love your chair-to-bench makeover. Very bright idea which I might steal for some future project if you do not mind.
If you have a chance, come and visit my blog at http://ritashabbychicrose.blogspot.com.
I'll be happy to meet you there.
Warmely
rita

Anita said...

Great idea, Sharon! Hope it quits raining...we are heading to Kane. Inside this month but still, unloading in rain is NO FUN. So, if you feel like a road trip:)

sarayutouched said...

you made good use of your rainy day!! the chair bench is very creative...keep those creative juices flowing...

Lori R. said...

you clever girl!!! I am never surprised with what you come up with! I swear you could make something useful out of chewed up bubble gum!!!
Is everyone healthy yet?

Crafty Green Poet said...

that's a cool bench, great repurposing....