Monday, November 9, 2009

Porch in season and new soaps...

An old porch and an old tradition...punkins and bittersweet...some would scrape off the ages of my little shack, but to me, it shows the times it's seen. In all reality, most would re-side, put in new windows and just totally remake my pink chateau into something it just ain't...

The character of the house and the ones that reside, fill the old home with things of the unusual...and a love of old that most would shun...like the rattlesnake on the staircase...or the stuffed iguanas on the chippy ol' parlor table...but what would the Pink Chateau be without it's hidden secrets...just another remodeled house...

All the men in my life said...'TEAR IT DOWN'...but that's not the point...the point is, I love that I can do anything to it and it doesn't hurt a thing. I love old Granny homes with the little rooms and porches added on as the days passed by and a need was given.

Sure, there's things that will be addressed, but for now, there's more important purchases required...MORE JUNK!!!

RIGHT!!? Like the new soap scents...


'
Balsam is one of my favorite pine scents, it just oozes the scent of Christmas. Men love this scent of soap, guess it brings out the 'Paul Bunyan wannabe' in them...

Then there's the sweet scent of Christmas Sugar, a charmingly sweet, sugary scent sure to bring a smile, as it's sweet, decedent fragrance wafts through the house after the shower.

These new soaps are at Sisters' and The Candle Shed...check us out soon...