Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back to the sweat shop...

Well, UPS just arrived with my work for the week...soap product...
200 pounds of base...whew...
I have several orders to do, plus batches for Sisters' and The Junk Asylum.
If I play this right, the soap biz will take off and I'll never have to leave my shack again...
'cept for a road trip to feed my addictions...right!
Don't you just wish you could sit at home and make soap all day, taking a break while the soap cures...maybe to the swing to watch and listen to Nature...
or maybe to putz in the garden for a few.
I was reading in my new Organic Gardening about raising chickens and the benefits to the bug problems in your yard...

I have got to get my 'Chicken Shack' designed and built...
then I gotta think of a classy name for it...
and do you think I should paint it pink???
Help me out here oh crazy ones...

The fruits of my labor...
and NO that's not a picture of me...
not yet anyway...

Y'all have a wonderful day
gotta get back to the cauldron...

11 comments:

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

LoVe that PINK CART!*!*! Jeanine, ChiPPy!-ShaBBy!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Beautiful post, beautiful photos and BEEEutiful music! I've nver heard that and I'm on my way to look for it (Savean)

You WILL have a wonderful soap business - how wonderful to have that as a goal..to listen to music, work hard, have days with Scratchy..You deserve all of it!

Enjoy spring, my crazy friend :-)

Greyscale Territory said...

Hmmm A pink chicken shack! Definitely a coffee talking point! It has possibility! And white framed windows? (Pretend windows - just glass!) O you crazy woman! Love it all!

Golden West said...

200+ pounds of soap base? Good grief! I thought our shipment of 97 pounds of seashells last week was intense. Looks like we both have our work cut out for us!

Spadoman said...

Well now, I just happen to have some experience with chickens. I wrote about it right HERE some time ago. A friend mentioned chickens and I told her of my experience. Her screen name is Betmo, but I lovingly call her Batmo, hence the name of the post.
How can we get this soap? Do you sell retail AND wholesale? Just wondering. I like the old fashioned hippie Patchoulli, do you make that scent?
Tell me more about it and how/where you market it.
Yes, it is nice to be busy doing what you like to do. I have so many projects going now, I don't have tiome to work on my Drums, rattles or dream catchers. Now, I want to make some other things. I'll talk about them some other time.

Peace.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, what kind of soap is that one. I loved the lavender one you created for Lauri, I almost had her convinced that you had created that one for me too and I was just waiting on the shipment. She was too cute saying NO you had only created that one for her. Will email you later today with a few questions, T

summersundays-jw said...

I've wanted a chicken house ever since we saw the cutest ones in Texas. Think how good it would be for your garden. Also, love the look of a big ole pile of your soap. I have mine that I bought from you in a big glass jar in the bathroom. Sometimes I take the lid off & the whole house smells like it. Lovely, lovely!

T said...

You are one busy lady. Can you send some of your energy this way? Love your soaps! Pink chicken coop...that sounds good to me.

cconz said...

I'm rooting for you sharon, Live off of soap making. Oh, how wonderful that would be. Go for the chickens. or ducks. We had ducks when i was a kids. Great pets and rid the yard if grasshoppers.

angelandspot said...

A pink chicken shack would be lovely. I'm hoping to make a bit of goat's milk soap myself soon.

Jackie said...

Palais des poulets

Chicken Palace in French!

Jackie
Bliss Farm Antiques