Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tradition speaks....

When you want to walk back in time, a trip To Manley's Antiques is what the doctor orders...
however, I'd love to virtually send you there but Dave and LeeAnn are of the old school,
no computer and no cell phone, so you just have to make a trip to see this wonderful shop in Muscatine, just up the street from my daughter's shop Friends' Candle Shed.

Again, LeeAnns' displays tempt...
I went to school with these guys and been buying antiques from them for years. Dave has restored many of my own pieces and would cringe if he knew I painted them...ha!

Every display is a setting of vintage charm, perfectly restored to your dream room fancy...
LeeAnn has a way to charm each and every setting.





This is what started it all, the love of the old, rescuing from certain demise and creating a comfort zone in our own lives that reminds us of Granny and the times we call...
simpler...
though our Granny's would digress...
Granny would always say,
don't lettum kid ya...
they weren't easy or simple!!!

Visit Manley's Antiques
Muscatine, Iowa
563-264-1475

7 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I wish I could visit, I'd there in a New York minute (or Texas minute) or heck Iowa minute :) Maybe someday!

Golden West said...

Great looking shop! Artful displays make such a difference.

Glad to hear Scratchy's on the mend.

angelandspot said...

I went there once when I was working in Muscatine. It is a nice shop. Well, I'm off to get outside work done. We are working in the garden and in the barn today.

MARY PERNULA said...

Wow, I wish I could visit this place, I just love these kind of old chippy furnitre. Thanks for sharing these photo's. XO MARY

Dimple said...

Lovely displays well photographed. I really like the simplicity of the first shot.
Thanks for coming by my macro puzzle, you were right about the railroad spike. If you would like to see the whole object, which is a gatepost in a fence, I have it in today's post.

summersundays-jw said...

It always kills me when you show Manley's cause I want everything. Next time we're that way, we're definitely stopping at Manley's (& Friend's for sure).

ginger said...

Like you said it looks like you just opened the door to grandma's house.Another stop to add to our road trip list.I'm sure we'll run across you sometime.
Ginger