Thursday, April 1, 2010

YEAh, that's what I'm talkin' about..............................

OMG...I slept with the bedroom windows open last night...I could hear the frogs in the ditches...I could smell spring in the air...
Well, this isn't my house, but I spied it yesterday on my deliveries and couldn't resist a shot...look at that window in the peak, how cool is that and the corbels...sigh...
The old abandoned home was filled with boxes in every window...can you imagine having so much stuff that you have to fill a vacant house...hmmmm...

The Amish kids were on their way home from school, wish I could've gotten a closeup of big sister driving a buggy full of siblings home...but Scratchy went BALLISTIC as we drove by, so I was too busy being a pack leader...DOWN HEATHEN!!!

AND YES....I'm barefooted...and I will be the rest of the season...ahhhhh...

SPRING...

PS...I heard from TOT yesterday and she said the Texas show has been fabulous so far...just like the good ol' days!!!
Could that mean a trip to Iowa is in the making...YIPPEE!!!

7 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, how I await spring and barefoot-ed-ness (?)

Have a very Happy Easter and tell Scratchy Braxton & Lulu said not to eat too may eggs :-)

Shab-n-Chic said...

And I woke up to RAIN! Go figure...LOL

Linda said...

Spring has been SO early here in Minnesota, too- buds everywhere...and I am loving it!!

Rug Cottage said...

Hi Sharon,

I had to run to Riverside yesterday morning and I saw those same Amish kids playing baseball in a Amish School yard near the highway. It was so real!! That's what we love about rural life!!

Happy Spring,
Nancy

I've got to get over to Sisters and buy some of your soaps to Celebrate Spring!!

donna baker said...

Sharon it's the moment we've both been waiting for... Sleeping with the windows and doors open. It just smells and feels so wonderful. The peepers sing me to sleep. Come on summer.

Spadoman said...

Window open, fan on, motorcycle out on the road all day, waiting for todays rain. That's what we have in Wisconsin. Not barefoot though. Tevas!

Peace.

Jackie said...

What good news about the Texas show! I'm so excited about Brimfield coming up in May. I cannot believe you didn't go into that house and look in every box:) Love the charming pics of Amish kids. How refreshing...the sun, the fresh air, the kids, don't you just love spring?