Friday, April 16, 2010

Come with me Alice...find your own rabbit hole...

Through these doors one enters a magical realm...the wonderland of Barb Connors...her magic filled rabbit hole, a constant inspiration to me...
Cross Creek Antiques and Simply Iowa, the blog...

Will you be inspired
by wispy glass beading
and statues all beckoning
and fountains all streaming
with rusted and crackled
and faded old flair
by sun drenched age'd hollows
in this moaning conservatory
of a mad hatter's lair

...be inspired
listen to the siren song

be not afraid
to follow your heart
have a tea party
with crystal
and velvet
a decorator's art

it's true what I said
this room it does sing
with the wind through the panes
it moans with a ring
of mystics and magic
and the hum of the rains
I was awed by it's foray
in a traveler's dream game


...the church of the soul...

...the gateway to Edens..

...and the mystique all around...





...find your own rabbit hole
the magic
and the mystique
of your very own Alice
your sweet soul
and your wide-eyed
inner peace...


Thanks Barb for always inspiring me to clutter my realm...!

19 comments:

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

OMG!*!*! Those pics are The BeSt!*!*! Just my style... I'm sending everyone over!!! Thanks Sharon... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBY!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, I loved seeing this place. I had to click on the pics to get the full affect. Thanks and happy Friday my friend.

willow said...

Wow!!! And just when I de-cluttered. drat.

MARY PERNULA said...

OMG! Thanks for the post, what a wonderufl shop. XO MARY

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

I'm pretty sure that's what heaven looks like.

angelandspot said...

Oh! How lovely! Have a great weekend :)

cconz said...

Barb's shop always makes me drool. The greenhouse is a focal point. The pics are great. "The rabbit hole" how fitting. Now, get going on yours.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Oh how I luv the green house. And all the garden treasures. And that lamp shade is sooooo Beautiful. I can go on for a couple more sentances. Thank You for sharing ...Julian

time-worn interiors said...

Girl! I am so tired!! My ass is dragging!! What about yours?

Thank you so much, I think this was the best trip ever! We had a wonderful time visiting with you and I course a great time shopping! Thanks for being our guide, even if we did get lost once!!

Did you miss us today?

How is scratchy?

TOT and Craigypo!

summersundays-jw said...

We fell in love with Barb's shop & hope to revisit soon. Jan

The Attic said...

LOVE...WANT...DROOL!!!

donna baker said...

I would die for a greenhouse. And thanks, Sharon, for taking a stand against Palin. What are they thinking?

suzeeez said...

Wow...thanks for all the neat pics! I wish I lived closer because that is my kind of place.
That's a "go around at least twice" kind of place.
:o) Sue

Golden West said...

Cool store!

Debra@Common Ground said...

What a great place, it definitely is somewhere where I could get lost in it all. Thanks for the photos, just beautiful!
Debra

sarayutouched said...

my favorite of your whole tour...tho i was drooling at all the photos...was the simplicity of the last photo. i love that!!

simplyiowa said...

Oh Sharon....
What can I say... You are way to kind... I Thank You from the depths of my heart... I Thank You for the kind words, and the 'Rabbit Hole' Thanks You, for giving it a voice, like only you can....
My Love to You...
Barb C.
{a.k.a the mad hatter....}
Thanks to all of your followers, for the kind words....

boyachilles30 said...

hi there...this blog is good...visit & be my follower @ http://kakimotong.blogspot.com/

The Rustic Victorian said...

What a wonderful blog, such treasures, and you are a treasure all on your own, great attitude in a difficult economy. I wish you all the best life can offer you.
Marcie