Thursday, August 26, 2010

OMG...OMG...OMG...

Check out my commute to work...it may be a little over 25 ft.,
I may have miscalculated...WHATEVER...
and so the dream begins!

This is the side visible to the 4-lane that unfortunately
goes right behind my house, but it'll be good for biz...right!
These double hung vinyl clad windows
(with screens) I snagged at
Salvation Army for $30.00 each...
I really wanted old windows, but
I can't pass up a good deal...
They look wonderful next to the old
beveled glass door that was given to us...
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Just lookit all this room...
well, it's only 12x24, but dang, they don't call me the
Queen of Cram for nuthin!

I could've sold my old double doors many times,
but they have always called to me.
My deceased husband brought them home
as a surprise for me one day, I've just never been
able to part with them,
they came from an old homestead near my home,
the Jim Hahn(Iowa state representative)family farm...
my husband saved them from the barn demolition.
They have history for many reasons for me!

The sweet lil' old windows I bought from Sister's Garden...
Barb always has the best stuff...
and they were on sale!!!

This sweet old door came from the first house I bought
for my daughter and her son.
We had a fabulous shop in that house,
many people still say it was their favorite shop.
The house and all the houses on the block
were purchased by Family Video stores to build
one of their stores. It's wierd to rent videos in there,
knowing it's in my old living room...ha!
I had salvage rights to all the cool stuff!

Let in the light and get the wheels a turnin'!

I've worn myself out today with anticipation
of what's to come...
but tomorrow I'm off...
that is after my four groomings go home...
to buy paint and get started.

Have a long row to hoe,
but all I have in this life is time...
I've been given this incredible energy
in this one lifetime,
so I must use it well before I have to give it back...

Let the games begin!!!

22 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

What a wonderful studio! It is strange how places change, but shopping in your living room must be very strange. I'm sure you took great advantage of your salvage rights.
Kathy

The Feathered Nest said...

SHARON!!! It's been so long since I've been here!!!!!! My stinkin' blog reader wasn't updating your posts for me! THIS IS SO COOL GIRL!!!!!! I'm so very glad that you're going to capitalize on the fact that you live on a busy road ~ and just think....you could take a nap on the sofa at home and just have them ring the bell when they drive up ~ you know, kinda like a drive-thru???? I've got to go look at all the amazing posts I've missed ~ I hope you are doing wonderful my antique/junk lovin' friend, hugs and love, Dawn

willow said...

It's just too, too cute!! Congratulations!!!!!

Sisters' Garden and Bloom said...

WOW!!! IT is so so so great!! It looks like it was just made to fit in with your already cute place!!
Watch out everyone--here she goes---it will be fabulous!!! Never a dull moment with Sharon!!!
LOVE it!!...barb

summersundays-jw said...

I think Judy & I are coming for Barb C.'s sale the end of Sept. so we expect you to be up and running. Better take your vitamins. Jan

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

yAY! It's a Doll-house!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Completely charming...can't wait to see it all finished!

Jan

Greyscale Territory said...

Congratulations! What an atmospheric little place! Already it is bursting with creative uniqueness! Well done girl!

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

That is just the best, I love it all, the windows and specially the doors.
It is so cute, I am so excited for you. and can't wait to see it take on it's new life when you start to fill it up with your treasures.

Well done.

suzeeez said...

Awesome ....I'm so happy for you !
:o) Sue

Lucy said...

I had a good laugh at your response on Colleen's blog about breasts. I'm so sick of them. If the insurance turns me down, I may have to go find somebody down a dark alley to do it. I Do. Not. Get women wanting all that largeness. LOL! I'm trying to think of funny ways to post a blog reduction.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, that place is just going to be gorgeous. I love all the old doors, esp. the double ones. Glad you kept them, they were a keeper for sure. I can't wait to see how you'll transform it into a work of art. So excited for you.

Debra@Common Ground said...

This is amazing, Sharon. The old doors and even the new windows are perfect. Can't wait to see it come together for you. What a commute!! Great job!
xo,
Debra

Virginiarose said...

It is FANTASTIC.I am sure you will have it full and ready to go in no time CONGRATS Ginger

Pam said...

Sharon,
I love it! Can't wait to see how you dress it all up--you're very good at that.
Pam

cconz said...

How cute sharon, Will it be "Pink"? I'll be out this weekend to check you out. I can't wait!!!

Lori R. said...

OMG...OMG...OMG... IT IS JUST ADORABLE!!! IT HAS SHARON WRITTEN ALL OVER IT... I think it needs cute wooden shutters...
I thought you were creative before, NOW, what's going to happen.
The one bad thing, we will never get you out of there!!!! Has Scratchy picked her favorite spot in there yet?

angelandspot said...

Awesome!

The Attic Girls said...

Every little girl & BIG girl's dream ...a playhouse! I can hardly wait to see what you cram it with! lol

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

What a perfect setting amidst all the trees and right next to the Pink Chateau!!!! I also love the history to the doors you've used. Now THAT'S why I love old stuff. Ahhhhhh . . . .

Rusty said...

What a wonderful setup! (But will it be big enough)? (Grinning).

Now on the center of the old door - on the right hand side from inside - do I see one of those almost ancient door bells? You know the kind where you twisted a knob to ring the bell on the inside. There used to be one at my grandparents place - you could always tell when it was the postman, he somehow gave it a very distinctive ring. Back in those days they always rang the bell - and there was both a morning and afternoon post - that was long ago.

Golden West said...

What a wonderful studio for you, Sharon! I'm sure it will continue to evolve and be a constant source of pleasure for you. I can hardly wait to see what you do with it - Christmas lights galore, girl!