Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A walk in paradise...with yard birds...

It was so beautiful this morning out my front door,
I just had to share it with you.
After the rains last night, the clearing sky
just made it magical,
as the rains have really made the flowers
and weeds bloom this year.
Once my shop is set in place the transplanting will begin.
Was this all set in motion for some
grand scheme...
of course it was, the Universe heard me!

Don't ya just love 'yard art'...
I love these 'skillet birds'.
They will be for sale at the new shop.

As will the 'iron birds'...

Are they not the cutest lil' yard ornies!!!

You can never have enough 'yard art'...
In my world anyway!

When my new shop is created, it will take the name of
THE WILD THING
Lots of Nature studies in watercolors,
concrete statues, iron art, jewelry, taxidermy,
wind chimes and what ever else this wandering
soul trips across in her travels on this planet.
With winter looming in our future, I will be inside creating
for the spring open house...
HEEHAW!!!

Oh yes,
and more 'Cracked in the Head' night lights...
Stay tuned, she's on the loose!

11 comments:

T said...

Cute yard art! You are on a roll with things! Best of luck on the new shop. Can't wait to see photos of the progress!

trash talk said...

Does your mind ever take a break? Girl, you are one heck of a merchandiser. Love the yardbirds (yours and the group)!
Debbie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

LOVe teh skillet birds! I have nver seen anything like them - cutie-pa-tootie!

You view is lovely and totally matched your music! What a nice break to my otherwise boring day at work..heehee

lifeshighway said...

Love the skillet birds! You can never have too much yard art in my world either!

cconz said...

Love the yard art!! Magical lady in her magical yard.

Mom L said...

And it's in magical Iowa, too, making it extra special!

Nancy in SW Iowa

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

That is great yard art, I have never seen anything like them either.

time-worn interiors said...

Everything looks so lush and green! Wish I could see it in person! Love the yard art!
TOT

sassytrash said...

I enlarged your garden photo as big as I could and just imagined myself there for awhile...what a beautiful place!!

Greyscale Territory said...

You be such a creative spirit! A gypsy with a home! Love your yard out! Refreshingly different!

angelandspot said...

I love that yard art. My Dad has promised to show me how to use the welder so I can create myself some of those birds for myself because I keep begging him to make me some. Maybe when the weather cools down it is just way too hot right now. I was plannin' to take a photography drive but am going to have to wait a few more days until it cools down a bit. Just finished the barn chores and now it is time to cool off for awhile before it is time to leave for tonight's Farmers Market in Washington. Have fun creating your art! ~Cassie