Friday, August 27, 2010

A question...

Is this not the greatest detail on this old door...
especially with it painted white...who doesn't love white,
so romantic and ol'timey.
So many old farm homes were painted white,
like they had many choices back in the day,
but it reflected the hot sun in the summers,
helping to keep them cooler...in theory!
But it gave a fresh, new look to the home too
and it was cheep.

My dilemma...
should this door stay green or
have a fresh coat of white paint...
I'm on the fence here, but I'm
leanin' toward the white.
I think the monochromatic look I'm goin'
for will be best served with the white...
but there's just sumthin' ol'timey about the green.

Well, I think I have my mind made up, but I
just wanna know what you think...
as if I don't have enough to worry about.

When this lil' project is finished, I will have an
open house give away for all my blog sisters
AND BROTHERS(sorry Brandon)...
Have no clue what,
but
I'll be thinkin' about it while I while
away the hours on the ladder...
you solve all the world's problems working away
on a ladder you know!

How do ya get 123 Primer out of your hair...
and why does it always land on your boob!!!

16 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I'm thinkin' white. Just think how wreaths & baskets would show up on white. That's my opinion & I'm stickin' with it. The place is looking great. Jan

dulcy said...

White or green, this is just like having a play house for big girls! I would be so excited if it were mine. Can't wait to watch it evolve!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

white..distressed..beautiful. No paint in hair please..oh..and not on your "girls" either!

Debra@Common Ground said...

I'll just throw in my two cents. I'd paint the darker green part white, and leave that fabulous aqua/blue/pale green trim as is. It has a wonderful patina. Just an idea. It would be gorgeous all white too! Whichever you do, I know it will be wonderful. can't wait to see it!
xo,
Debra

donna baker said...

You could live with it a while, or, what happened to pink to match the house?

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Hmm, what a dilemma, white or green. I quite like Debra's idea of the green/white combination.
Either way it will look great.

As for paint on the boobs, I don't get that problem I find it's a good idea to wear a shirt when painting. LOL

Greyscale Territory said...

I just love this door! But I possibly would capture/highlight the inner raised elements of the door with white paint and keep the outer the green! But whatever you choose, I know that it would look great!

angelandspot said...

I think white but maybe green to highlight the details. Or all white but with that crackle paint that would let the green show through.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debra! I'd paint the door white but that beautiful aqua trim would stay. That way a little of it's history still comes through.
Kathy

Tilda said...

white. and distressed. paint in hair, on boobs. on butt, on elbows. on my bare feet. i didn't know there was any other way to paint??
my bare feet have been pretty cold for the past couple nights. No wood burning yet. But we are supposed to be back in the high 80's and into 90 by the weekend. Ah, Michigan. Sweat or sweat socks!
I LOVE the playhouse/studio!
in fondest. Tilda

House Things said...

My personal preference is to paint it white. But, you want the exterior to reflect the interior. You know we all judge a book by it's cover.

Virginiarose said...

I'm inclined to vote for white, but like donna said live with it awhile. Leave it till the last and see how you feel then.Am soo jealous.
Take care Ginger
PS I also agree you should wear a shirt LOL

Jackie said...

I was going to say white, but, now after reading the comments I think the white and keep the aqua trim is EXCELLENT!!!!
jackie
bliss farm antiques

lovesoldstuff said...

White......just sayin....

Arija said...

Funny you should class that as green. To me it is my favourite shade of blue and when I saw it I thought ïf I had a chance, I wuld paint m house white with just that coloyr for the door and other trimmings.
Last night we were discussing how most of us see colours and especially secondary and tertiary colours differently to each other, just as we all have a different view of life itself.

Have great fun turning your house into a showcase. I look forward to the progress reports.

Emakesart said...

I LOVE the door as it is, it's beautiful! Am I really alone in this thinking? I'm an artist, I love color...what can I say. Paint the rest of the house white and let this stand out. I also love the double doors in the last post...so pretty and special. what an amazing lil building!

Esther