Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Push beyond tradition...

OMG...my new decorating bible...
by Michele Lalande and Gilles Trillard...
WOW is all I can say!
This is not yo mamma's decorating!!!
This is about elements and vignettes
so if you don't like taxidermy and clutter
you must exit now!

This is one of my favorite shots, serenity
and old light...can you smell the age...

This is not just taxidermy, these are earth elements and history.
People have been honoring animals since the dawn
of time, adding a magical element to their lives.

Old stone walls, white paint on weathered woods...
and light! So what if you don't like the emu...
explore the elements,
open your artistic mind.

Turn the pages of another's book,
feel the history, smell the old,
walk the path of another's world.

Look at this shot...
it totally works, a blue sofa and a green door
AND LIGHT!!!

Element, elements, elements...
and display!

Subtle vignettes celebrating simple or complex.

COLOR SPLASH!!!





A simple vignette can be as awe-inspiring as a Picasso or a Monet...
have fun with decorating, pull out all the stops,
break tradition...
be free!

Right TOT...heh heh!

9 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

What a great book! If I had seen this book somewhere else, I would have immediately thought of you. Jan

cconz said...

I saw that book at sisters and loved it. It's our kind of decorating!!!

angelandspot said...

That looks like a great book. I'll have to see if the library has it so I can read it from cover to cover.

MARY PERNULA said...

OMG!!!I am with you all the way!!!! HUGS MARY

Tilda said...

when people began poo\pooing whites and light, i still could not give up my white. my body, soul, mind and total emotional needed white and light. i love to see it STILL being featured as people continue to paint darker...
that one room white with shadows and sheer simplicity is absolutely stunning.
in fondest.. Tilda
barefooted, CLEAN feet, and enjoying a beauiful late summer evening.

time-worn interiors said...

Your right!
TOT

The Feathered Nest said...

I love this book!!!! And it is SO YOU TOO!!! I love animals and love the honor the book is giving them....absolutely wonderful, xxoo, Dawn

vintagesue said...

hi sharon. i have that book!! i bought it right after we moved back to the states from germany. it is one of my favorite decorating books by far. i adore it.
oh...good luck with the new building!!!! i can't imagine how excited you are!!!!!
take care
sue

Adelaide said...

Ah, I love all the pics