Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The building of a biz...or playtime...

Ya gotta shop!!!
I know, I know, it's a hardship...
a heavy burden to shoulder,
but somebody's gotta do it...
right!

...and display and you know what I'm talkin' about...
just when you think you have it displayed perfectly,
you drag in somethin' new and
the domino effect starts again!
I been hangin' shelves and fillin' the rafters
with vines and junk...
it's the way of it you know!

Picked up this great old gold curio shelf,
the gold fits well with the old iron headboard.
I'm not a gold kinda gal, but if the piece is chippy,
it's fair game...

Cool huh!!!

I caved with the 3 urns that were two-tone green,
I drizzled white over the green parts to
blend in better with the old white paint
already on them, sorry, the sage green I liked, but the bright green
HAD TO GO!!!

I scored on this great old portrait in this large,
dark frame today too...sweet huh...
and there's only one word to describe it...

MINE!!!

Every once in a while you gotta give the boss a gift...
right!!!

12 comments:

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

Sharon... Just LoVe the Curio Cabinet!*!*! Just perfect for displaying small SHaBBIES!!! Great Find...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Greyscale Territory said...

This all looks so great! The first shot reflects a briliiant atmosphere!

Lori R. said...

Hmmm.... I'm thinkin' you are going to get your little paradise all the way you want it and you will label it all "mine". Hard to part with such beautiful finds in such a perfect place.

Gracie's Cottage said...

....simply junkalicious!

Jan

suzeeez said...

The shop looks great !

Virginiarose said...

I think you are having a fantastic time with all your finds and buys. Keep it up GO GIRL GINGER

cconz said...

Looking fine sharon. I love the curio cab. I might have to come and check it out!!

summersundays-jw said...

I think the boss definitely deserves a present every once-in-awhile or it wouldn't be much fun. Can't believe the treasures you find. Jan

trash talk said...

Don't take this the wrong way 'cause I mean it as the highest compliment. It is starting to take on a wonderful shabby bordello look. I love it!
Debbie

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I just love all that you do, but I'm not sure I could ever get the same look from displaying stuff that you do.

That old photo is beautiufl

Jackie said...

Do you deliver? If so, I'll take the garden urns, the curio cabinet, the brass bed, the picture of the cutie patootie and those gauzy curtains too. Hmmm...let me keep looking around:)
jackie
bliss farm antiquess

MARY PERNULA said...

Things are just looking wonderful in the studio. HUGS MARY