Monday, September 13, 2010

Early mornin' sunrise...

1, 2, 3...lil' cement urns all in a row...
brought in the fancy headboard with vines attached,
cool look huh!!!

Love it every mornin' when the sun's first rays enter the shop...

Of course I was anxious to get out there this mornin'
with my first cuppa Joe
because...
I went shoppin' yesterday, found some great stuff!
Wonderful chest with marble insert,
lil' white farm chair and sweet lil' stool
and check out that bridal shadow box...

Cute lil' table with drawer and funky old
parlor chair...
and remember the lil' pink chest,
it's now white, which means the possibilities
for a sale are much greater.

ahhhhhhhh...vignettes...

Well, I caved...
I painted that wonderful old cupboard I bought from Sandy
at Amazing Grace in the Amanas!
I struggled with this one 'cause it looked so great in my house,
but it really brightens up the shop too.
I have a little more sanding to do on it today...
because...
at 1:30 in the mornin', the tinkle of rain on my metal roof
awoke me in a flash, as I had left a piece of furniture
outside the shop door...they didn't tell me it would rain.
As it was, it was gone as fast as it came,
didn't even get the piece wet.
So there I am, in my new lil' play house,
WIDE AWAKE...sooo...
whatta ya do...PAINT!!!

Back in the sack at 4:00 for a few more hours...
now I better get busy on my 5 dogs that
are here for they're beauty treatments...
Have a great day!

10 comments:

willow said...

I love comin' over here.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Nothin' better than new sun on old furniture!

suzeeez said...

Looks like you have enough going on in your shop to open up for some sales. Will you heat it somehow in the winter so you can open then too? hope so.
Sue

MARY PERNULA said...

Love it, looks great. HUGS MARY

angelandspot said...

It's looking great in there.

Tilda said...

that's how i feel when the sun shines thru my french doors and dances across my rooms. nothing better with coffee in the morning than sunshine and its shadows!
the playhouse looks amazing. you are the queen of vignette !
cool weather here. talk of 38 tomorrow morning. i must either MEND the hunting socks OR (horror!)
buy some more. i LOVE the old pair. even tacky as they are... i recall from years ago that my mending of socks was NOT a success. perhaps rather than a mend, i will do a patch !
in fondest. Tilda

trash talk said...

You have the perfect commute to work. No traffic, smog or annoying cell phones...just sunshine and a sweet shop waiting on you!
Debbie

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

It is always so much fun reading your posts. You are always so busy, and the shop is looking real good.

Greyscale Territory said...

Your new little world is looking wonderful! Adore that second photo with the spill of waking sunlight! Beautiful!

time-worn interiors said...

You didn't need another cupboard in your house any way! And I thought you were all into the gray stuff now! Crazy Nut, just all over the place!
Love ya!
Sis!