Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wake up sleepy head...

And who would'nt want to get up on such a beautiful morn...
the view from my kitchen window,
a country blessing in pink hues...

I was harvesting(and weeding)
the sweet Annie for my Christmas trees.
The plants have grown so huge this year
since all the rains... and a little
green friend watched as I worked...
I see you!

The sun was in a bad position for a good shot
of my farmer's wife windchimes...
cool huh...
takes a stout wind wind to move'em,
but the sound is like the ding of
a cow bell off over the hill...
hey Bossy come on home now,
time fer a milkin'!!!
I've never owned a milk cow, only in my dreams...
but I have been known to dream big!

Love the afternoon sun when it drenches
the inventory...
mailboxes...it's a country thing...

Seeeee...my Sweet Annie Christmas trees
a'hangin' in the rafters...
I wasn't expecting a roof peak as high as this one
when they were building my studio,
but this has been fabulous for drying herbs
n such...

and a new scent for soaps...
butterbrickle...
also coming are...
Apple Cinny and Spiced Cider,
YUMMMM...

6 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hmmm...everything looks yummy and warm and sunny and too too beautiful! Great morning view..Thanks for sharing your early-world with us :-)

willow said...

I'm lovin' the bottles in your kitchen window!

sassytrash said...

Pretty sunrise!! I wish Sweet Annie would grow down here--I haven't tried it, but told it is too hot.

T said...

What a wonderful view you have from your kitchen windo ~ beautiful morning sky. For some reason frogs freak me out; but he is cute.

angelandspot said...

It all looks so good. Been busy getting ready for the swap meet in Kalona tomorrow and Sat. Hopefully the fall festival will draw in the crowds. I have boxes and boxes of things to sale. I love old glass bottles sitting on window sills. ~Cassie

Greyscale Territory said...

Wonderful collection of photos! Love your kitchen window lighting! A romantic softness through the glass on the ledge! And adore the word "butterbrickle! A fun name for soap!