Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let them eat cake...

How about a little ghoulish dessert...yummy Almond Cake,
drizzled with rich, ripe blood and a dollop of skull
to top it off...YUMMMMM...
Delectable soaps for all hallows eve.

Got back to the shop today after shipping off soap orders
and to my surprise, my brother was there starting to build my gazebo
SWEET!!!
The 2x6 lumber was given to me by my soul sister
Cathy C. and her man Bill, my bestest buds!
Thanks kids!!!
A special thanks to my brother Michael!
LOVE YOU!

Scratchy approved, great place to play ball...
you wanna play Mom???
Now the fun begins...
I'm on the hunt for old chippy corner brackets,
but in the meantime...
I'll drape it with burlap fabric so the trumpet vines
will have something to cling to.
Today I dig the vines and transplant to their new home.
I was gonna plant Autumn clematis on the posts,
but the trumpet vines bloom all summer,
great food source for the hummers, so I have to be practical,
as the clematis is a short burst of blooms,
only lasting a few weeks, if that.

Had two wonderful gals from Canada
visit the new shop yesterday, these crazy gals follow my blog
and had to see for themselves whatsup!
Of course they had to tour the chateau...
note to self...
CLEAN HOUSE!!!
Y'all know as well as I, that this biz allows little time for house cleaning,
the girls also did a forced showing of Barb C's house...
it is what it is
in the wonderful world of an antique dealer...
what's a little dust and cobwebs and clutter...

12 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

O wow Sharon! The gazebo attachment will give you lots of opportunity to create changing atmosphere and light effects! And draping areas! Looking wonderful!

sassytrash said...

OMG! A gazebo? You are going to have to charge admission! And I can envision your cottage on the cover of all the mags in the near future! Love all your plans for it--it has got to be sooooo much fun to play with that awesome space!!
(I love the Autumn Clematis, but you're right....it doesn't last too long)

sassytrash said...

p.s. You had BETTER come by and pick me up on your way to Florida next summer! I'd love to go to Arcadia...I didn't make it there this time.

Golden West said...

I love how your project keeps evolving!

Virginiarose said...

I am so jealous.I love the whole shop idea, now you have a gazebo OMG. I wish you nothing but the best, you have worked very hard for this.Hope to see you soon G

T said...

Wow...things just keep getting better and better! It looks amazing.

cconz said...

We are so happy that you put that wood to good use!!! The iowa city salvage always has cool porch stuff.I'm not sure how they were priced.

MARY PERNULA said...

I love how the shop is comming for you. I may need to get me a trumpet vine, I have seen a few and I love the color. HUGS MARY PS a little dust makes everything look better in my eyes

Sylvia said...

Be careful where you plant a Trumpet vine, my neighbor put one next to our driveway and now the sprouts form a volcano shape and pop up right through the blacktop. She feels really bad about the damage it has done.

Jackie said...

wow, you are really going to town! Things look great!

trash talk said...

What a great brother and what a wonderfu surprise to come home to. Doesn't that sound cool...coming home?
Debbie

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

What a great idea the gazebo is. It is so much fun watching your progress. What an awesome brother you have.