Monday, September 27, 2010

Road Trip.....

Oh yeah, I wanna run through these doors for sure...
When you're out wandering the streets of a quaint lil' Iowan town
and you see displays like this one out front of a store...
what are ya gonna do...walk on by...
NOT!!!

You're gonna fly through the doors to visit Wanda
and her darling primitive shop...
Wanda said not to take pictures of where she was
redoing cause it's a mess...well girl,
I couldn't find the messes, even her messes looked great!
That's Wanda running around redoing,
while the peeps poured through her doors
this beautiful Sunday morn!

Vignette after vignette greeted you 'round every turn...

Christmas is also starting to rear it's head here...

OH my!!!

Everywhere you look, visions of primitives dance in your head...

Wonderful cupboards in all the colors of Autumn greet you,
filled to the max with great prim finds from all over the Midwest.

If you really want to bring in Autumn at your home,
you simply must head to Anamosa and visit Wanda...

You won't be disappointed!!!

8 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Now thats what I call a shop! I luv all the vignettes! They are all cool looking with so many treasures. Not that many shops left here in So. Cal thaty look like that. Thank You for sharing this with us....Julian

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Wow!! What a great store, I would be there for hours just taking it all in.

angelandspot said...

Looks like a lovely shop. I'll remember to stop there if I am ever in the area. Now I must get back to work on all the photos I took this past weekend. Have a great day! ~Cassie

sassytrash said...

I'm ALWAYS ready for a road trip!!
You have a lot more cool shops up in your neck of the woods than we do here! Love all the primitives......we used to set up with ALL primitives at the shows back in the good old days!

Gatherings said...

Thanks for all the nice compliments! Put the soap by the front door and it smells amazing!

Greyscale Territory said...

I enjoyed gazing at all these pieces! Creatively arranged! How I would love to wander through these places! Great shots!

Golden West said...

Good to see some color and I never get tired of Christmas - it can never arrive soon enough for me. Thanks for taking me along - enjoyed the visit!

Tilda said...

I love to see what you are up to. Your shop is wonderful! I love all the white! And the vignettes. Especially the inclusion of the sweet annie everywhere. You cannot get a fresh sprig of sweet annie anywhere in my vicinity of Michigan. So I must get my joy of it only from my dried sprays when I pass by them... drats.
Tilda