Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things that make me say awwwww...

My peeps have flown the coop...

Got the pen totally lined with chicken wire,
so it was time for an adventure...
they totally loved the outside,
once I coaxed them out. I've never had my chicks
follow me like these do, maybe it's
'cause they're such a tiny flock...
watching them scratch and chase bugs and pseudo fly...
did I say fun!!!

...and honey bees, my plum trees were just loaded with
bees of all sorts...SWEET...

...and again, lots of pollen on those lil' bug feet,
but unfortunately the aerial spraying will start again
and all will be lost...
HEY IOWA...
it's a new age...enough with the aerial spraying,
haven't you heard, it kills good bugs too...DUH!!!

I'm constantly expanding the garden, a little here,
a little there, I totally have the broccoli,
Brussels sprouts and cabbages planted, along with
the wax n green beans and snow peas...
I have some time yet to dig up more plots for
the tomato and pepper plants and to lay down the straw,
it's too early for them, but just look at that rhubarb...

can you say PIE...!!!

I've been worried about moving my Autumn Clematis
over to the studio, because the ground has 6 inches
of gravel on it...have to use a pick to remove it,
but filling the hole with compost and potting mix
AND WATER
may have done the trick...

no signs of wilt here...
only on my bod, been goin' at it since sun-up, sooooo...
time to relax and plan for the 'morrow
and the next chapter of A WILD THING...!