Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Bit O the Green...

Ahhh...a bit o the green on this St. Patty's day and with o bit o the luck, we will truly be in the spring mode now, with snow just a thing of the past. The fresh smell of Grass candles lingers in the air, reminding that we will soon be bitching about how fast the grass is growing...right...


Well, I don't know about you, but I've been rearranging furniture like a mad woman...pulling up rugs that keep my floors warmer in the Arctic deep freeze, allowing wood floors to gather in the warmth of the sun, as he trips higher in the sky warming all around. New growth and frost melting, brings a sense of life once again to my dead estate.


I'm sure things have been moving 'round up at Sisters' too, so tomorrow I'll venture that-a-way to see what's happ'nin up there. Barb never fails us, her die-hard attitude and constant quest for 'new stuff' is enough to lure me in. And for those of us that live close enough to frequent her stores...we shop till we drop...right Anita?!







I'm just having the worst conflict in my life...change all my beautiful golden oak pieces to deep, rich aged varnish pieces like the piece below...I'm just drawn to that look these days...is it the Gypsy in me, is it the bordello look that I long for that just suits this lil' pink shack, or is it the way Barb has this piece displayed that makes me drool over such a piece??? All the pieces I have have been with me forever, pieces that I could never afford to replace these days...well, so that stated, I think I'll just accessorize a little more decadently and leave well enough alone.

But I did notice in Magnolia Pearls' book, she has a few pieces in black that are to die for...maybe, just maybe...but black is still selling really well for me...no don't worry, I'm not gonna paint them.
So enjoy Spring ladies...time to open the windows and refresh...ahhhhh..
PS...for some reason they are having trouble with the Playlist, so no music until they get it resolved...bummer, right!

17 comments:

Every piece of junk is someone's memory. said...

I could almost hear the birds singing as I read your blog. Oh, wait, the birds are singing but it is on my deck! Great site, I read it daily! Love the pink shack!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Boy are you tempting fate. "...spring mode now, with snow just a thing of the past." I hope you're right. Don't mind me, I'm just afraid we may get that late snow that messes up my garden plans.
Marnie

summersundays-jw said...

Spring always makes me want to change things in my house. Guess it's all apart of the "spring fever" syndrome. Have a great day at Sisters. I need to go to Leola's but can't fit it into my schedule. It's tax day for me -- yuck! Jan

willow said...

I have a huge old library table I painted black a few years ago. Still love it black!

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

JUST READ YOUR BLOG AND LIKE YOUR TAKE ON THINGS. WHERE IS SISTERS? OR IS THAT A SECRET? HAVE A GOOD ONE AND ENJOY THIS WONDERFUL DAY THAT WE WILL BE HAVING IN ILL. TOO!

Tea Time With Melody said...

I just love that curio with the lamp in it. I so totally forgot it was St. Patricks Day and I am wearing Gray from head to toe. Big pinch!

Jeanne said...

Your blog always makes me so hungry to go out in the yard and start working! My first daffodils bloomed today.

Melinda said...

My husband and I are relocating and stumbled upon the shop that sold the nightlights on the way to the Italian place. We bought the human hair cracked in the head nightlight!!! We love it and can't wait to show it to everyone we know! Everyone was asking us if we found a place to live and what we thought of the town, but all I talked about was the nightlight. I think I need an entire collection of these. Thanks!

June said...

I love your blog. The writing and pics are great. I really love the pink chippy cabnet in todays post.

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT WITH ME. YOUR'E RIGHT, A NICE DAY TRIP OR EVEN AN OVERNITE ONE!

time-worn interiors said...

Actually the blogs pop up much faster without the music! But I do miss it! Sisters look great, wish I lived close enough to shop but 550 miles, oh wait that's never stopped me before! Hah! Hah! I love Sisters! And Manleys and CV and The Nest and, OK you get the picture I love shopping in Iowa! I can't wait till I can come back again! (have cot will travel!) Hee! Hee! Later Sis~~Theresa

cconz said...

boy, i hear ya girl!! i was up to manelys and spyed a grand bookcase that i really want. they had alot of tempting pieces. how much is the curved glass case at sisters? i spyed that on a past post and thought, "MINE OH MINE.

kari and kijsa said...

Happy St. Patricks Day!
blessings, kari & kijsa

A Cuban In London said...

Happy St Patrick's Day (belatedly!) to all Irish people!

Greetings from London.

white o'morn cottage said...

Hope you had a good St Patrick's Day yesterday. We had a ball here in Dublin and yes...spring has sprung here too!

Anita said...

I think the same thing about those dark pieces- maybe it's a phase...went to a NEW furniture store with my Mom as she buys some new stuff for her new house- and I could not see one thing I would have bought- I kept saying- I bet this comes in a box and they put this chair together with screws- this is not real wood- this is a laminate and you want how much for it? Directed her to the REAL leather sectional and the REAL leather barcalounger and got the heck out of microfiber land....Geez...Anyway- 75 degrees yesterday was SWEET- and I had the DAY OFF...I had the PowerPainter fired up in the driveway, dresses airing out on the patio, letters drying in the sun....Heading to JB Knacker tomorrow....life is good!

sarayutouched said...

i just clicked on the pop up stand alone button in the middle of your playlist box and it opened up a browser with your music... i can't be on this crazy machine without your music!!!