Monday, March 9, 2009

What to do on an icky day...

An icky day is just screaming for something to do...OK...retail therapy...that usually works for me...what else...and the urge to restock inventory is always a good excuse for an antique dealer...right?

This is just the most to die for picture, it's big and has a wonderful frame and just goes perfectly with the stand I just got...


See...the colors just blend together to make a marriage of color that any junker would drool over, would be cute in a bathroom to hold towels or whatever...this is going to be a hard one to part with, but when I think of all the glorious pieces I've parted with...sigh...

and old weathered farm tables are always a must grab, who can't use them, great for holding more stuff...OR...to sit a dinner table...who knew...

This funky lamp and frame were just too weird...must haves...I'll rewire today and I have the perfect decadent fancy shade to top it...again the colors of my pallet I selected today all fit, like a prearranged plan, can't help it, it's just my eyes.


I couldn't resist the lines of this lil' stool, the color works, but the plastic top will have to be replaced by old tattered fabric of some sort...



This old Vaseline glass lamp base needs rewiring, but should be wonderful when finished...


and last...finials, don't know what they were a part of, but the imagination can just run with them...



See...a simply icky day can produce magic of all sorts, if you have the right place to go...it just takes rain to stir the imagination...whatever...we all know I would've been out there hunting the honey hole no matter what the weather may be...happy hunting...!