Monday, March 23, 2009

The Itchy and Scratchy Show...

The answer to many a question, was there an 'Itchy'...yes there was, this is my beautiful Itchy, shortly before she died while we were living in Florida. She had heart failure and at age 13 left my home. She was the sweetest little Cairn terrier, unlike her successor Scratchy, who's been a heathen from the beginning.


Itchy was true to her terrier lineage though, fearless and hating cats. But a face that would launch a thousand ships, we were inseparable, my little shadow. I don't know if she liked living in Florida as much as Iowa, I do know I always had to carry her when we walked to the lake, she sensed the gators and wasn't having any part of being on the menu. Unfortunately, most of my pictures of her were lost to computer malfunction, but I treasure the ones left.



Then there's the heathen...Scratchy has been a course in patience from the get-go...always the neighborhood terrorist, barking and bullying. I always had compassion for Itchy, as Scratchy took over the territory, but as you can see from the first mugshot taken of her at the vet, she is a charmer, soon growing into the collar and ruling the roost.


Scratchy, however loved Florida. Chasing lizards was her reason to live. She would spend hours staring at bushes, waiting for the hapless creatures to run 'cross her path, many losing a tail in the process and her covered in moss and stuff continually. But what a hoot to watch, truly the 'Scratchy show'. I'll never forget the time she chased the neighbor's two dobermans out of the yard...NO FEAR!!!




But now Scratch is content to ride shotgun(sometimes)on our forays to the land beyond the pink chateau. Partner in crime to the adventures she seeks in 'The Land of Vole', her special place in our world, as she diligently chases(and catches)the hapless creatures that frequent the chateau. But it makes for great sport and plenty of tall tales in "the Chronicles of No-Scratchy'...stay tuned...


PS...both Scratchy and Itchy were and are females, I know she looks too bad to be a girl...but has the heart of a she-wolf...my bud!

17 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Thanks for the visual intro to your dear Itchy. She did look like a sweetie.

*waves to Scratchy*

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

Your love for your dogs is heartwarming...I have always thought that people who love animals were the "real" thing...which you obviously are...

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Heathen, I love that!! Cute pics and post.

trash talk said...

I could sit and hear about the Scratchy Show all day long...btw, loved the poem! You know that's why I come over to visit doncha! Gotta get my Scratchy fix! Itchy was beautiful. I almost bought a cairn instead of a schnauzer, but then I saw Jakie and I lost it. He looked as cute as Scratchy in her baby photo...love it! Debbie

Roses and Lilacs said...

Sounds like my beloved Heather, I still miss her.

Current dog Aggie is the psycho dog from hell. "Would you like a border collie?" she said sweetly.
Marnie

M.Kate said...

What an interesting Itchy and Scrathy post..I did wondered if there was an Itchy. Hugs to Scratchy...

Utah Grammie said...

I loved this story! And, I grieve for you about Itchy. It's so hard to lose one - Scratchy seems to be a lot like our Lulu (Princess Warrior) but I'm certain they wouldn't get along...Braxton- he's our Wal-Mart greeter.

Braxton was first - then Lulu and poor Braxton just takes her bullying - then heavy sighs ensue like Eyore..

They are both adorable and love by you has to be the best thing for any little creature!

Wildeve said...

Love your Itchy and Scratchy show! The new header is divine, by the way.

Hey Harriet said...

Thanks for sharing the story of Itchy with us. And hello to cheeky little Scratchy. Big belly rubs to you :)

white o'morn cottage said...

She is a real character. A very strong personality I'd guess. Your Itchy looks a lot like my Chewbacca. Gorgeous.

dulcy said...

What sweethearts! I have kitties, but your little terriers sure make me smile. Love the photos!

cconz said...

Great post sharon, Gatta love'm,. 2 little terrors. I remember itchy.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Awww..Itchy was pretty darn cute. That baby photo of Scratchy cracked me up!!!

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

How adorable! I always think of Toto when I see Scratchy! :)
ox lulu

Lily Hydrangea said...

awwww! Itchy was adorable & still is, watching over the two of you no doubt.
& Scratchy is a character!

disa said...

A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風

藍心湄Blue said...

cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色