Friday, March 13, 2009

A friend...a sista...

My dear friend Cathie whose blog This Girls Art, recently purchased an old rundown building for her art space and a warehouse to house all of the treasures her and her partner Bill have collected through the years. Isn't it just the cutest thing. She posted a picture yesterday of the backyard of this ramshackle dwelling...lots o work!!!


Cathie and Bill live in a little speck of a town called Lone Tree...isn't that just the cutest name for a Midwestern town sitting right in the middle of the prairie. I can't wait to see this project in action. I drive by Lone Tree every week on my travels to Sisters.


Another relic saved from certain destruction...if it were only true of so many others.

What fate awaits this old relic, will someone share its' dreams...




This old farm house wasn't so lucky...trying times...difficult years ahead for these old relics.

12 comments:

Hi ! I'm Cindy said...

I agree, it is a very trying times for the old relics....we took a drive yesterday, and there are many open spots of where old buildings stood...... I was amazed! And there are many old barns, and farmhouses just sitting there falling down... it's sad.....

That building is just adorable, I'm glad Cathie and Bill rescued it and can put it to good use!

I've often wondered why old buildings that are city owned could not be offered to people to restore and use, instead of them being destroyed or just decaying... it's been brought up to our city council and they see it as a loss... makes no sense to me!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I hate to see when they tear down buildings, but love the one your friend bought.

Utah Grammie said...

Well, THIS old relic is sad to see such history, love and life being torn down - the beauty of the structures as well as the stories they could tell (or we could make up!) Soo sad....Can't wait to see the renovations on your friend's art studio!

Linda Sue said...

Hate to see oldies torn down. All of that old growth timber never to be again..Sad and irresponsible I say.

Roses and Lilacs said...

Indeed it will be hard times for old buildings. Kinda sad but they cost so much to keep up and heat.
Marnie

cconz said...

thanks sharon for the encouraging words. I have faith that it will look great when we are done (it will never be done), or when we get it dialed in. I can see mosaics going in above the door and below the windows. We'er renting out the apartment and that will help. I can see it now, a mosaic sign saying "the studio".

willow said...

Sad to see any old relics go.

Love Lone Tree. Sounds like a town in a spaghetti western!

white o'morn cottage said...

That building is wonderful. I think they will bring it back to life. looking forward to seeing it when its done. I hate to see old buildings destroyed. Someday this will be outlawed. History is precious!

Jeanne said...

Great building! When did you change your picture at the top? I like it!

Patrice said...

What a fabulous building. I wish them speed and luck and good karma for their undertaking.

I miss the beautiful old buildings of Midwestern downtowns and Philadelphia factories... all places I have dwelled in the past.

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Just reminishing the old relics as soon I found one.

Not many in my country but in EU there's thousands that I hardly believe that it stood still.

Have a nice Saturday!

Katie said...

Joni Mitchell said it best.....
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
My heart breaks every time I see a farm turn into a mall or golf course around here.