Friday, March 6, 2009

The Nest























What does it mean 'to nest'...as women, we are the homemakers, the guardians and the teachers of our little worlds...our lil' 'nestlings learn from example, as their environment challenges their minds to explore and learn. We get the greatest satisfaction in polishing that environment to make a house a home.



Amy of 'The Nest' is doing just that, providing that catalyst that helps you make your dreams come true...the sweetest environment in the adorable country home she has decorated to invite you in to what might be, as you walk the rooms finding every nook filled with gems, old and new, to grace your home or gift an other.



The Nest is just outside Burlington, Iowa and just draws you in through it's ol' timey country doors, as you drive Hwy. 61 South...trust me, you won't resist driving by, especially as her spring gardens start to flourish and the country surroundings turn to fields of, as Spring walks into our lives again.

8 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a darling shop, so much garden stuff. I could get lost in their for several hours;)
Marnie

Jacque said...

Looks like a great store! The symbolism I like about a nest is just like the birds we get to gather, hunt, and pick and choose the things to create our homes. I love to put out colored raffia in the spring for the birds, the nest in my trees become very colorful!

cconz said...

yippee another shop to hit! Can't wait!! does burlington have any good shops?

Utah Grammie said...

Oh, I wanna be there - looks wonderful! Alas, I will be homebound - seems making $10,000.00 LeSs last year RAISED our taxes and now we OWE for the first time in a long time - go figure! So my spending in on a "crash diet"...good thing I can "window shop" with friends like you!

{{Smooches}}

M.Kate said...

wow..so many goodies there, wish I could go. Happy weekend Sharon, will pop over to see the shadows later :D

Jeanne said...

Your blog is always such a feast for the eyes -- and ears!

High Desert Diva said...

Cool shop!

Anita said...

Oh, I haven't been there for about 6 months- but I did check out her on-line website and she has some cool t-shirts- I'm ready for summer...I'll have to check them out and see if they are roomy enough for my Iowa Farm Girl figure :)