Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ghosts....





















Into the realm of the Misty Maidens
a traveler lost
beckons shadow
and pleads guilt...
I trespass into unknowns
I know not this mortuary
of frosted pagan temples
strewn with skeletal remains
once domain of mere mortals
where is my path
am I lost to the troll of shadow
hidden in cloaks of grey linen mists
oh great sun I approach
pull this mortal to refuge
as beams pave my path
warmth shields my gossamer soul
I shall not lose gilded sight as I
secret past these Gothic ageless beauties
I'll traverse this way again
wait for me...

10 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love the fog. Of course I don't love driving in it but watching things appear and disappear, barely recognizable is exciting.
Marnie

Utah Grammie said...

Those photos are beautiful..mysterious and just a little spooky! Beautiful words...

Constance said...

I love your blog! This is just a morning when it would be perfect to visit places of the mist covered past. I'm stuck in the office, thank you so much for the tour it was so calming.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Great pictures and writing Sharon. How I would love to tour that old farm house! I'll be ordering soap from you this week. :)

Anita said...

This fog was horrible yesterday as Imade my way up the Interstate to Cedar Falls for class...but I do say, I love the countryside in fog...just not the Intersate and the fear of crazy drivers.

Looking forward to Saturday and warmer weather- hope all is well with you!

When I went to Sister's Saturday, there was a couple from MN with a trailer buying out the place of furniture. YEE HA! Good to see that again!

summersundays-jw said...

I am so amazed that you can sit down & put words together like that. Your writing is amazing as are your pics. Jan

willow said...

Ethereal fog!

white o'morn cottage said...

Great shots. Very impressive.

Greyscale Territory said...

Such incredible, heavy fog! Love the mystery of shapes looming in the fog! And your accompanying poem is a stunner!

High Desert Diva said...

Cool shots.

Had to get all caught up after being away...