Friday, March 27, 2009

Goodbye Sweet Garden...

What is this great beast of burden invading my space...harbinger of destruction, dragon ripping the hearts out of spring beauty...oh the horror...please be gentle, oh rider of the beast, for you know not what dwells deep in my garden realm...there are secrets only known to the keeper of the bees...beware devil...


Goodbye lily of the field...


Goodbye grand dame of the prairie...

Goodbye faithful friend, owner of the current Sears and Roebuck...



Farewell, one hole wonder, your memories lies frozen in time...you shall ne're be forgotten, my friend of tales past, oh wooden wonder, your cold seat and spidered curtains shall remain in my heart for an eternity, oh, these modern times of burying past lives...farewell...adeu, adeu, friend...



12 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Eeep! Heavy equipment!

Utah Grammie said...

This is soo sad :-( I'm like you- everything in my mind has a soul - a life..a heart...animate & inanimate - (I talk to the trees, my car..and I'm NOT crazy!!)

Roses and Lilacs said...

Oh, Sharon, get out there and dig those lily bulbs. You can transplant the coneflowers too. Tell the backhoe guy to come back another day after you relocate the garden.
Marnie

Nanc said...

Can you save the old wood from the one hole wonder and make signs, a board for your jewelry..or something?
I love your flowers.

M.Kate said...

ow..those flowers, the burst of colours..they should be flowering in my garden :P

Roses and Lilacs said...

I'm glad you saved those lilies, I almost had a heart attack;) You must have been transplanting like a mad woman. Good thing we had a spell of warmish weather.

Somewhere I have a great shortcake recipe to go with those strawberries. I'll look for it. I'm gonna plant strawberries this spring too.

Keep chanting "No Snow, No Snow". The insane weatherman I was watching this morning said 7 inches. Please no, that can't be right!!!!!

No Snow, no snow, no snow, no snow...
Marnie

Greyscale Territory said...

O Sharon ~ I can feel how this must hurt so much. Like a rape of the earth. But strangely, Nature has a way of survivng stubbornly no matter what curl ball we throw her way. Perhaps she has a new landscape and new beauty in mind.

P.S. I am nearly out of my tree! Can't get into my blog at all. Just the header appears and nothing else! AAAAAAAAAAh!

Sweet Repose said...

Gemma...I tried to leave you a comment and couldn't, but I saw all of your pictures. I hate not having music either...email me...

willow said...

Yikes! What's going on?

Heidi said...

Hi Sharon!
What a wonderful blog you have with all those beautiful pictures of your flowers. I love the soap I got a few weeks ago from Sisters Garden! The lemon verbena is in the kitchen and I use it everyday! When I run out I'll go get some from Piper for sure. Have a great weekend.

Heidi

Anita said...

Sharon-

Good grief- are you under attack? What is being built/repaired? Dig woman dig!

Wildeve said...

Oh so sad. I hope it stps snowing there, already!