Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Royal Path of Life...









The Royal Path of Life...doesn't get any better'n this...beer, pizza and party...


You all know my fascination with old books...this book caught my eye up at Sisters' yesterday, Barb just brought it in and I snagged right on to it...funny how that works, you can't sneak nuttin' by me...
I haven't had a chance to go through it yet, but it looks quite interesting and having just partied at Pop's bachelor pad yesterday for his 81st birthday, I got to thinking of this book and just how ROYAL all of our family lives are. How lucky we are to be alive and have a purpose set forth for us far beyond our knowledge.
It is truly royal, especially in these trying times of tightening belts...we all still have some remnants of family to be thankful for. To travel each day through our predestined future and pull each little jewel from our cache of memories...to be born...to be alive and to just be...it's royal to me...how 'bout you...
PS...the book is up for grabs in a couple of days after I've read...ha...

11 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Nifty book!

Nice segue with the royal family life...

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a beautiful book. I can understand your fascination, I've picked up a few at garage sales too.

"Predestined future" is an interesting idea.
Marnie

blossom said...

I think some old books are much better than new ones. I have a few old books I like in my cupboard. I'd like to share some of the titles but they are all in Bahasa Melayu, the national language of Malaysia.

RainGardener said...

Love the old book - I have that old book facination too, and sheet music and pictures and and . . . I'm also an antique dealer - not working as one because of my back and surgery but did just take a few things into one of the shops in town 2 days ago to put on consignment.
Great picture of all of you at Pops party. My Dad just turned 81 in January.
The family thing is good - maybe I'll take a picture (and do a short post) of the old family pics in swing frames on my piano - had to put them there like my Grandma use to do.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Bud Light AND Pizza...why wasn't I invited?!!! Dad still knows how to par-tay. :)

Utah Grammie said...

Aww...Dad's birthday party! Glad to join ya - even if it's by way of blog - at least I don;t have to worry about the cake calories! Your daughter is SOOO pretty and is sooo photogenic. Have a fun day - we got another 4" of the white stuff this morning - after it was a blustery 60 degrees yesterday!

Utah Grammie said...

Oh LOVE LOVE LOVE the book!

trash talk said...

I have the same book-different color binding. Of course we're royalty, we're the queens of our domains!

I read the post on your dad and loved it. Give him a big ol' Texas birthday kiss from me!

Debbie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Well said my friend. Looks like ya'll had a great time. I too love old books. I really like the inscriptions you sometimes find on the inside.

The Junkin' Yaya said...

LOVE the book!!!! xo...deb

sarayutouched said...

It is evident that your family means lots to you...and I am so glad that you are able to just take the time to be...

cause baby...that's what it's all about!!!!

xo
robin