Monday, March 16, 2009

Life is good...a walk in Nature...

Ahhhh...spring...not quite here yet, but the yard work has begun. Owning a pet is so rewarding. Not only do you have a constant companion, but free fertilizer...let the games begin.




I have always owned large dogs, but after years of clearing land mines from my yard and my mower battling great, green mounds placed strategically under each carefully poured pile, I decided it was going to be a small breed for my next companion...enter the Cairn Terrier.




Ah, yes, the designated pee-space...good dog! She is so territorial when it comes to her space, using two areas in the yard, making it most convenient for me to find those treats left behind.

Ahhh, a day in the life of a pet owner...have a great day...

12 comments:

time-worn interiors said...

Hey Scratchy girl!! I am going to have to get Spencer fixed for sure, everytime my daughter brings her dog over and she gets near Spencers stuff, he pees on it!! Males!!
Theresa

Roses and Lilacs said...

Dogs are different and mine is the worst. She only uses the paths that I walk on--summer or winter.
Marnie

trash talk said...

Life is good and a wonderful dog only makes it gooder! Debbie

M.Kate said...

What a great and faithful companion, here's wishing for a faster spring :D

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Gotta love terriers. They're small but don't act like it when it comes to defending their territory. ;-)

willow said...

Now that Ralphy is not here to mark his territory, the deer are basically taking over the manor!

T.Allen-Mercado said...

We have a strange old dog who is outnumbered by cats and a guinea pig that thinks he's a cat. She has an odd temperament, I'm not so sure how we feel about each other but, she is a constant source of entertainment!

Shab-n-Chic said...

Small dogs are great and ours tend to drop a load in the same spot every time. I too have always had BIG dogs. Our pug and Lhasa are the first 2 small ones and will probably be our last. :( Ivan always goes wee first, then Ms Sophie sniffs and goes right on top of his...What's up with that?!!! hahaha

Jeanne said...

Just completed my "end of winter cleanup" after Abby and Emmy (two shepherd/husky mixes). It's almost safe to hang clothes again.

cconz said...

Big dogs mean big poops big bags of food and big vet bills. Small dogs "ROCK".

Utah Grammie said...

Braxton will only poo on our walks around the neighborhood - so I am constantly armed with poo bags! Lulu will go in our yard and sometimes I am amazed that she IS a small dog if you know what I mean. I love Scratchy - and I know Braxton & lulu would too...well, maybe not so much Lulu...being a Princess Warrior and all...Happy St. Patrick's day to you & Scratchy and you beautiful daughter!!

Greyscale Territory said...

I've had a collie named Shari, Minka a Jack Russell and a silky terrier called Kip. I tend to the smaller dog only because the "the heap" seems less intimidating to scoop. But I simply love animals in all shapes, sizes and personalities!