Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Drowning in Shadow...

Will we ever see the sun again...it started last week, rain, rain and more rain...deluge after deluge. If this keeps up, there will be blight on tomatoes and strawberries will be tasteless, bloated with too much rain and not enough sun, this is what happened in our gardens last summer...argh...


I'm wandering the halls of the chateau, going through blogger's blight...when overload takes over and the house is fulled with sunless corners...you scan for a reason...well shopping usually works, but then it's the end of the month, when finances are REALLY low, so you start scanning for treasure close to home...NOT!!!


I'll silently(yeah right)await the perfect moment when all is bright and coffers are filled with the nectar of shopping harvest...and I can once again shop till I drop...which means...I forgot to take pictures of all the new stuff I got the other day...so tomorrow again thee must wait, till this errant blogger waves the wand and all is delighted once again...

But where's the damn sun anyway!!!

10 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I felt that way last weekend. So much to do but trapped in the house. I ended up bird watching and saw three birds that have never visited my yard before.

Marnie

willow said...

I have one of those wonderful old fruit prints that hung in my ancestors' homestead farm in Indiana.

Third old grey wet day here this week.

M.Kate said...

Love the music..and I am wishing for lots of rain, it didn't rain here for almost 2 weeks and way too hot. Hope the sun come calling soon :D

Utah Grammie said...

Cabin fever? Rural-life fever? but such pretty pictures - take heart- summer is just around the corner!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Sorry you're getting so much rain. Sure wish you could send some of it this way. Love the photos and the feel I get from the entire post of you searching for something. :-)

cconz said...

boy girl, i know what you mean about this dark weather. come on get this over with aleady!!

cconz said...

Nice pics of your place sharon. Did you buy the organ desk? COOL!

summersundays-jw said...

We're having much the same weather but the sun is suppose to be out Sat. then more rain. My garden is looking pretty good but can't put lots of things in yet because of hard rains. Meanwhile, the weeds grow. One morning we'll wake up & it will be 90 & no rain. Jan

Greyscale Territory said...

Send more rain our way please! We are getting a little! I am even taking photos of rain on windows just so I can remember what it looks like! But I must admit, continual rain could feel a little overdone!

Anita said...

The chateau looks great and my desk, well, if you EVER sell it, you know who to call... I saw an organ sell the the night at Sharpless ($15)and thought long and hard about making my own desk...but my muscles was too tired to lift it in the truck :) So I passed...

Keep me posted on your Palo deal- I'm so intrigued...