Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday...To Market To Market...

I'm a lucky girl, lucky girl
know what I mean...
I shop for a living
is this not obscene...
Not hardly, when mood swings
I jump in the stead
to search out the cool things
that you folks all need...

Whatever...

To work in today's hard land of toil
to find one's niche and love it
is not a thing of luck, but
a search for the spoil...
To travel a mile on that 'Honey Hole' haunt,
that spirit of adventure
we all dream... some get
and some not.


I am a lucky girl
to follow my dreams
to ride into the sunshine
or new fallen snow
in search of a product
to keep it...
or no.
I love what I do...
to shop till I drop,
to see all the beauty
where you all might not
in crispy white paints
and gnarly old woods,
it all has it's beauty...
'in the eye of the beholder'
they say...
but I crave it's history,
you would if you could.

These alabaster shadows
of times faded past,
will bring new light
and mem'ries
from the experience
they cast.
Of glorious history,
where they once too had graced,
perhaps on the desk
that a writer had placed,
lighting paths to the novels
and dreams that she faced...
and of dreams...and of dreams.

We all have a dream
and mine is fulfilled,
to hunt junk piles and ditches
and flea markets,
yard sales
and Craig's list and EBay
an expedition for sure,
on safari to a lifestyle
that has encompassed my ALL...
I am a lucky girl
get a load of this haul!


HEY...it's Sunday in Australia...again...and we're all here, so check us out, shadow shooters from all over the world. A fun loving group that will stop at nothing to grab that perfect Shadow Shot.
So if you see me driving down the highway, arm outstretched through the window and camera at the ready...get outta my way!!!
I'm on a mission...to play...

31 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Fantastic haul, poem and ss.

Cindy said...

what more could a person need? poetry, awesome finds, and a glimpse of shadows! i really like those lamps btw.

Gallery Juana - ギャラリー ワナ said...

Fun poem to read. That haul and those lamps would definitely put me in a good mood! You are one lucky gal!

Sylvia K said...

I agree with Cindy! You've got it all today! Lovely words, great finds and shadows as well! Have a great weekend!

Jeanne said...

The cool thing about your shopping is that it reclaims beautiful old stuff instead of encouraging the mass production of new crap.

bobbie said...

Yes, it is quite a haul, and casts interesting shadows.

T.Allen-Mercado said...

You are seriously lucky, and talented too-great poem and shadows!

Rinkly Rimes said...

I love your phrase 'alabaster shadows'!

Hot Fudge said...

You've made my day with your delightful prose. I love the alabaster shadows.

Raven said...

Just love the old candle sticks so much character and the wonderful shadows created.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Makes me want to go out and see what I might find ;--)
Lovely post.
Hugs and blessings,

Your EG Tour Guide said...

You ARE lucky...but you also have a good eye for finding neat treasures (and shadows). ;-)

Hey Harriet said...

Super shadows, poem and treasures! I always love your fun and enthusiastic posts! You have a great sense of humour and a great job! You are a lucky girl indeed for following your dreams :)

Utah Grammie said...

Hope you had a fun play-day! The header photo you took still takes my breath away - love it!

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

ha! we're watchin' for ya!
A lucky girl indeed - ahhh the life!
Enjoy your week Sharon!
Karla & karrie

jo said...

that is an interesting pair of....what are they exactly? cool shot though

Rosebud Collection said...

Beautiful poem and what fun you have..I have to say, the two pictures are beautiful..Of course I am very partial to the Scared Heart..

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shadows! Love all your stuff!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

maryt/theteach said...

Two beautiful lamps! and a lovely group of special finds! Why the holy pictures though? Happy Shadow shot Sunday! :)

whizkid said...

that's a lovely poem! and shadows too :) have a great week lucky girl

Lily Hydrangea said...

A nice haul indeed! I know what you mean about the history of things. I rarely find out the history of what I buy at garage sales & such, but I can sense it. I sometimes feel like I am rescuing something,..with a past.

Elizabeth said...

Yes! bloggers will stop at nothing......!
Happy Spring from New York.

Jane ... said...

Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog! Cool SSS! How fun it was to browse yours and read your beautiful prose, see your gorgeous antiques and photos of Iowa (I'm an original Ohioan & do appreciate the rolling landscapes!), and meet you and Scratchy too. We do have it great, doing what we're passionate about doing! Blessings and JOY in the journey.

Rachel Cotterill said...

I'm loving shadows ever since I got a new dSLR. Great shots :)

Greyscale Territory said...

The rhythm in your poem sounds as if you are riding a big strong horse rather than driving a car to get all your treasures! I have this amazing image in my mind of pack saddles on the side of the horse (for small items you find) and you await big items that will arrive on goods trains within the week! Why am I saying this? Maybe I had a great sleep last night to begin the school holidays and I am slowly feeling alive again!

And adore those old lamps + shadows!

Love following your dreams with you!

BIG HUGS!!

Sarah said...

You are a lucky girl indeed! I love your shadows, your poem and your blog! I particularly liked the image of you driving along with your camera. I often see things I want to photograph when I drive and wish I had my camera in my lap!

CJ said...

Usually, I hate to shop, but if I could be buying art or antiques all the time, I would love it.

Dianne said...

treasures!

Nosferatuia said...

I love your poem and your lovely haul. I love religious prints like the ones you found, they remind me of the altar at my Grandparents old house with statues of Saints, Mary, and candles glowing in the dark hall of that antique house. My Grandmother would really like those. I love to think of all the history and pasts of my antiques, I love them. If you ever come across Gargoyle and neat claw-footed items, let me know, I am always on the look out for pieces like that :).

disa said...

A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風

藍心湄Blue said...

That's actually really cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色