Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trash, Sweet Trash...


Would you not save these pieces from the landfill...

A lovely desk/vanity and a grand buffet...that's what I thought. When a friend called the other day to say that the hospital bought her Father's home and it was being demolished, but there were a few old pieces in the basement that no one wanted and they needed to be saved...and of course, painted black.


So me and Scratch headed right over to investigate...visions of recycling danced through our heads, as we loaded a truck full of treasures, all scheduled for demolition...you would save them too right...


What a wonderful old table and cream colored chair, the slant top box that now harbors my seeds and gloves and whatever...and a basket filled to the brim with old metal Folgers and Hill's coffee tins...I also grabbed an old portable typewriter that will help me with my projects...

Yes, all treasures indeed and I'm sure y'all would rush over too...and the price was right...FREE!!!

15 comments:

willow said...

Yes, they were begging to be rescued...and painted black!

Cindy said...

Oh, what beautiful "trash"!!! You did good, girl, you did good!

Shab-n-Chic said...

WHAT a score! That buffet would be hard to part with...it would hold so much JUNK! Perfect. :) The title of your post would sure make a catchy name for a blog or store...Ha!

Utah Grammie said...

You are the luckiest! These are indeed great treasures..love all of them - the black pieces are wONdERfUL! Love em!!

cconz said...

Oh yes girl. You did score! Liberating all those pieces from the dump.On to new homes. Good for you.

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Ooh the black pieces are gorgeous, look at that detail! You've done a good deed, indeed.

Heather said...

Oh! these are amazing treasures! so glad you saved them :)

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, I was just looking at a decorating book that used an old buffet like that as a center island. I don't know what they put on the back. I really liked the idea. Storage in the drawers and space underneath for baskets or whatever.

HOpe you had lots of help dragging them up from the basement.
Marnie

summersundays-jw said...

What a dream to have someone want me to clean out some old "stuff". I love free "stuff". You got some real treasures. Jan

time-worn interiors said...

Did you put your truck in park before you loaded the treasures? Ha! Ha!
Love ya!
Sis!

vintagesue said...

free is the sweetest price in town!! yesssss......rescue for sure. i would rescue half a broken table even. good haul. gorgeous pieces.

Anita said...

You did good work keeping these in use on our good Mother Earth...and you should reap the rewards yourself, Little Red Hen...

simplyiowa said...

Hey Girlie!
I've had way too much fun runnin! I feel like I'm back in the saddle again!However, my little store is down to very narrow pathways! My customers don't seem to mind {brave little souls!}One even helped Liz and I bring in a butcher block today, after we dropped it on my toe and Liz smashed her thumb on the tailgate! I don't know if was the scream or the insane laughing that made him come running!Let me know if you move into Palo! I sooo hope you do!
'til next time,
Barb C.

Chris said...

Awesome finds! My wife would go nuts over those.

Nosferatuia said...

They are beautiful! I hope I can find something similar for my home :)