Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trash, Sweet Trash...


Would you not save these pieces from the landfill...

A lovely desk/vanity and a grand buffet...that's what I thought. When a friend called the other day to say that the hospital bought her Father's home and it was being demolished, but there were a few old pieces in the basement that no one wanted and they needed to be saved...and of course, painted black.


So me and Scratch headed right over to investigate...visions of recycling danced through our heads, as we loaded a truck full of treasures, all scheduled for demolition...you would save them too right...


What a wonderful old table and cream colored chair, the slant top box that now harbors my seeds and gloves and whatever...and a basket filled to the brim with old metal Folgers and Hill's coffee tins...I also grabbed an old portable typewriter that will help me with my projects...

Yes, all treasures indeed and I'm sure y'all would rush over too...and the price was right...FREE!!!