Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PUPPIES...Before and After...

This is Phoebe and this is how she looks before her first visit to the salon...

This is Phoebe after...are those not the cutest eyes...

This is Jeb...before the salon...

This is his royal highness after...

These lucky Shihzhu puppies were rescued from the local pound, what lucky pups indeed. I hope the rest of the litter fared as well as these two pups. My friend Mary Ann has been a loyal customer of mine through all my years of grooming and was ecstatic when she heard I was grooming part time again. She has had 4 Shihzhu and I have groomed them all from puppies, as two of her pack are recently deceased, these two fur balls are the replacements...what a troupe!

Now grooming out of my home and not in the stress of operating a busy shop in the city, I can take my time and it's also a more relaxing environment for the dogs too. There was a time when I groomed up to 15 dogs a day, every day, for 25 years...argh...my aching back and lungs. A lot of hard dirty work, with it's share of injuries, although I have only been bitten once in all those years, you have other ailments, such as 'groomer's lung'. This is a condition a groomer gets from not wearing a mask, as your lungs fill with hair clippings, causing a condition similar to emphysema, causing heavy breathing and a cough that will rival a heavy smoker, of which I have never smoked.

But now I wear a mask and just deal with it, it really does help. But the tennis elbow and spine curve are things that just have to be dealt with, as with many these days, a part time job is essential...and if you love animals and have that special gift...you take the risk...

and if you're a 'dog-whisperer' you know what I mean...

14 comments:

Cindy said...

It sounds as if this is the perfect happy medium for you! Doing what you like to do, or you wouldn't have done it in the rat race for 25 years, and at a pace that you can truly enjoy it!! And those puppies are just beautiful -- I'm glad they were rescued!

Jeanne said...

Well, you do a great job, if that's any compensation when your arms, back and lungs are killing you.

BTW -- I've had desk jobs for 35 years, and I was just diagnosed with disc degeneration in my neck. I think pretty much every job has it's occupational injuries. If you earn them doing something you love, that beats getting them from something you hate!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Those are the cutest dogs, the second especially. I like the coloring on his face.

Hadn't heard of the danger of getting hair in the lungs but it makes sense. Those fine clippings and the dryers blowing and the dogs shaking themselves.
Marnie

trash talk said...

These babies are adorable both before and after (although you did a fabulous job, you go girl!).
I didn't know about the health risks for groomers, but it makes sense after you explained it.
My daughter has a Parkerdog like these two. We like to say he's "special" if you know what I mean. They were bred to be lap dogs to kings and he does it very well!
Debbie

Utah Grammie said...

Oh I love that you take such care and love with all of the animals you come into contact with, not just the ones you groom! You are one special person, you know that?! The pups look great and what a wonderful environment for them to be lovingly groomed in. So yes, wear your mask, rest your weary back and..uh..give up tennis?!

High Desert Diva said...

I'm glad you wear the mask!

The dogs are lucky to have you tending them!

willow said...

Fun before and afters!!

Greyscale Territory said...

Enjoyed these shots! Those faces would melt your heart! Your dog grooming must be so rewarding! Two happy customers at a time!

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

Hey girl, I finally got around to posting the eyeballs. You are too too funny, I bout died when i saw those and Theresa was wearing hers and they were a hoot. Thank you for such a cute gift. I love my Nightlite, it is great. Can't wait to take it to the show and show it off. One of a kind!!! Hope you are well and you know we talked about you the whole time and can't wait till we can get together. Later, Lauri

Lorie M. said...

well they sure look good! I can imagine what hard work it is, though..

Nosferatuia said...

How adorable!

Rosebud Collection said...

More cute dogs..great shots.

disa said...

成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片

藍心湄Blue said...

That's actually really cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色