Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What if...

What if an antique shop suddenly appeared in this quaint lil' building...


with summer gardens flourishing outside the door, spilling over into the veranda where hollyhocks and morning glories covered old gates...lawn chairs and garden ornaments peeked 'round every corner...what if...

What if it was filled to the brim with antiques and notions...candles and soaps...jewelry and dried flowers of every sort, twig furniture and concrete statues and white painted frames and furniture...what if...

If two crazy girls decided to open a shop...just weekends to start...but a place to get away for the weekend and play in their workshop making toys for all the good little girls and boys that would come for a visit...or just to listen to French bistro music and enjoy the aroma of sweet spring scents wafting through the warm summer air or perhaps enjoy a spot of tea from the tea room next door...what if...


What if another entrepreneur decided to fill the lil' shop next door with wonderful gifts of antiquity and such...lending a hand to a towns revival...what if...

Then a destination spot would be developed with friends coming from near and far, to shop and to visit or to just get away for the day...what if...

Would you come...

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

If I didn't live 3 states away -- absolutely!

trash talk said...

If I had to crawl! Debbie

Roses and Lilacs said...

It sounds like a dream come true. An interesting building (tho smallish) that could be made very charming as you described with old fashioned flowers and garden furniture.

I won't say anymore because I'm an accountant and you don't want to hear the musings of an accountant.
Marnie

High Desert Diva said...

Oh man! Are you gonna do it?

summersundays-jw said...

I'd like to own one of them. How fun it would be to live in a little town with like-minded people (I may be dreaming). Besides that, I don't think my g'kids would let me go yet. Jan

The Attic said...

I am so happy for you....are you going for it? I can see it now...with a PINK awning...yep, that will definitely attract!!!

sarayutouched said...

if you build it...they will come...and who could go wrong with antiques and candles...sounds heavenly.

cconz said...

Yes, i will!! What! Are you thinking about it or dreaming sweets. I knew you could'nt have a shop for to long! What ever you do it will be FABULOUS DARLING.

Brighid said...

One must do what one must do, and you MUST. I would come in a heart beat, and bring a caravan of crazy country girls to boot.

Greyscale Territory said...

You and Kathy? Is that the plan?

If I didn't live over the pond, such a place is just where I would wander at weekends or school holidays. Your descriptive words sell the enchantment we all crave in our lives.