Friday, July 16, 2010

A bird and the great blue sky...SOAR...

'SOAR'

SOLD
Antique black glass beads accompany the sky blue fire-glazed beads of glass...
the sun was setting last night as I tried to capture the brilliance in the fading light,
long shadows attest to the time in my world, as does the theme of my nature necklaces.

This necklace is called 'SOAR', it's a state of mind and a longing...

As are the new samplers I'm sewing, these two await their frames...
universal inspiration and affirmation between us and the Universe,
that longing and that reason to exist...
in harmony with Nature and mankind...
if this exists, then everything else unfolds.

But that doesn't mean I can't do some 'Maxine' complaining...
anything for a smile...
then the world smiles back!

Namaste...


8 comments:

Lori R. said...

The necklace is a beautiful Sharon original! and the embroidry is excellent! I didn't know you had such needle talent!!! You just never cease to amaze me ♥

Golden West said...

I'm an avid embroiderer, as well. You've inspired me to post a few of my projects one of these days soon.

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

I LoVe just about "anything w/BiRdS!*!*! Such inspiration... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

MARY PERNULA said...

Love the neklace and your samplers are very fun! Love how you have added that aged look to them. HUGS MARY

Laura said...

the necklace is beautiful! and i love the sentiment in the samplers...wonderful reminders.
blessings
~*~

dulcy said...

Sharon.... is this necklace for sale? If so, where do I go to so I can see price and such? Love it!

dulcy

Val said...

I love the spirit of this post,your necklace talks to me...
Val

Arija said...

Ah, the fifties and sixties, when I could send the wee kidlets to the corner shop (no streets to cross) for an ice cream. Of course I peeked around the corner till I saw them go in and come out and back.
How times have changed. . . .
Love your pussy willows.