Monday, July 26, 2010

Finally....a day in paradise...shopping...

What women do best...besides talking...

I went shopping...YAYYYY...
Have you ever wanted something for your own yard that was just so cool and you knew it would enhance that gateway to your rabbit hole perfectly...AND...it was only $30.00...
me too...I now have an arbor...
the Queen has an arbor...

Well, I certainly hit the mother-load of picture frames...check out these beauties.
Some will get painted today and others will stay 'as is' ...
delicate beauties all.

I fell in love with this matching pair of farm chairs. Someone had attempted to strip them and had obviously given up on the project many years ago, as the old paint left on them has been there a long time...glad they stopped the process...too cool!
And this sweet lil' corner shelf has certainly seen better days, chipped and dinged and roughly nailed back together, only adds to it's charm...and it's white!

Just had to have this lil' wire stand too...why...well, 'cause!!!

Smalls...you gotta have the smalls...
Don't know about you but, when I'm out on a days excursion, everything I buy tends to all work together like I'm doing a setting with just the pieces I'm purchasing...
colors match, textures match,
what'sup with that...
Like I can set all this stuff up on the back of my truck and have a sale right there
with a darling display...
what'sup with that...

Delicate wire baskets all spider-webby and tarnished silver...
what more could a girl ask for...
besides the cow horn...
SWEET!!!

13 comments:

Spadoman said...

I was down that way over the weekend, not as far as your place, but along the river, both sides. You okay and still afloat? Looks like plenty o' water in all the rivers.
Good finds I can see by the photos. This stuff for the store? Or for personal use? You need a large barn I think. I like the cow horn:-)

Peace.

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh those spider-web baskets are too cool; I've never seen those before! Love the frames, the corner shelf and all the rest too!

Jan

pjhornberger.com said...

Oh, you got everything I love! A garden has to have an arbor to walk under... Got to! It looks gooood!

Golden West said...

That wire rack has some major possibilities - perfect place to stack your soaps between deliveries...

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sweet Pea!
Looks like you found lots of Goodies! I was down at Sisters'. and my, my... the store is wonderful...
Take care...
Barb C.

willow said...

Oh, I would have grabbed up all this same stuff!! I adore those little spider webby things!!

trash talk said...

Well aren't you just the lucky girl. What great finds and I adore the arbor!
Those spidery bowls are fab.
Debbie

Lori R. said...

Good thing you own a truck with your kinda shoppin'!

sarayutouched said...

yes, you must stroll daily through the arbor to the rabbit hole with your weaner crown...and say..."all is well"

nothing like a shopping day coming together nicely.

see ya later for coffee!!

had to post...the verification was "maximia."

housethings said...

Fantastic Finds!!! I know exactly what you mean...When I go on a buying trip, I always seem to find all industrial, all romantic, all holiday, all gray, all cream...etc.

Hope all is well.
B

sassytrash said...

You did GOOD! What a deal on the arbor!! Rabbit holes must have a cool entrance!

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Love the picture frames. can't wait to see what you do with them.

Congrats on having an arbor..your little kingdom or queendom will be looking so good.

Sarah said...

Oh you are such a woman after my own heart! I love all of your loves, and your shadow shots below made me smile!