Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Burnin' the midnight oil...

I sure have been waitin' for this mood to swing around again...
jewelry...
I've been hoping for the creative juices to flow again in this department...
so last night after a surprise power nap at 9:00...
which means I fell asleep watchin' "The Body of Henry VIII"...
a fascinating medical history of what Henry's ailments were and why he had a such hard time fathering male heirs.
I was so fascinated by English history, back in the day, especially anything to do with the Tudor reign, my girlish romanticism...I read everything I could get my hands on.

Anyway, after I got up and couldn't get back to sleep, I sat at my computer desk(swamp)and started thinking...jewelry...
I've been wanting to get some pieces ready for my 'Wild Thing' series of nature jewels...
and this is my first creation for the new shop.
'Bee Free'...
made of recycled brown glass beads.


Each piece will come with it's own poetry card, each telling a tale of the theme of the piece and a small haiku as a side note...

I have yet to compose something for this new piece, but this gives you an idea of what I'm talking about...
This card goes with another piece of jewelry I have yet to create...
'The Starling'...
I feel another late night coming on...

Ahhhh, the life of the free spirit.....

7 comments:

Laura said...

Hi, I love that necklace and the idea of the specialized card for each piece. Can't wait to see what you make next. that free spirit life is just what i need..
blessings
~*~
ps...love your blog!

willow said...

Wow....this piece is super cool!! I love it. But then, you knew I would!

Golden West said...

Beautiful, Sharon!

Beatnheart said...

that is one beautiful necklace!! love the beads...wherever did you find them...also your lamp shade...

donna baker said...

Sharon, I thought and 5p.m. nap was bad but you definitely have me beat. Love the necklace.

Greyscale Territory said...

Such a stunning piece of jewellery! Your whole presentation of it is simply magical!

Beatnheart said...

Hey thanks for the visit and comment. I like your free spirit old hippie style. and you seem to know who you are...no bs....