Thursday, July 15, 2010

Industrial accidents...

Yeah, here's one for the record books...while I was waiting for my hair to dry, I was finishing sanding on a piece of furniture I was painting for Sisters' when it happened...
WOOSH...a strand of hair got sucked in the air vent of the sander...
now mind you, in all the years I've been doing this biz this freakish thing has never happened.
It won't budge, it's totally wrapped around the turny-thingy...
NOW WHAT...

note...see NUT sign above head...

ELECTRICIAN TO THE RESCUE...
my daughter and her friend came rushing(LAUGHING) to the rescue...
you know that this is gonna be one of those things that they never let you forget...
walking around the house trying to get things done so you can go to work,
with a sander plastered to the side of your head,
like typing on the computer with one hand...nuff said,
thank the Universe I didn't have to pee...whew...

I couldn't get the screws to turn with one hand to take the beast apart, so the axe was my last desperate thought...
not really, just thought it made a funny twist to the plot...
but as Jody and Piper managed to get it opened and my hair untwisted from around the cylinder, now to put the tool back together, normal again...
right???
Now do you think a lesson will be learned...
of course, but I'm sure I'll do it again, but more watchful the next round.

Off to Sisters'...

I wish the Victorian lampshade craze of a few years back was still going strong, but alas, it's faded away to only a few astute souls buying in...right Cathie C....

YUMMMMM...
Seven bars sold before I left the shop...

See, I told ya I had another lil' stand up there, bought from two different dealers at two different shops, both from the same piece of furniture...
a vanity separated to make two end tables...
SWEET!

and a totally cool cupboard upstairs at Sister's Garden and Bloom...

All in the day of...
The Fabric of Sweet Repose...
STOP LAUGHING!!!

18 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

O you poor thing! And you managed to get all the hair out without cutting it? I have had my hair stuck in a hair brush when I tried to get knots out caused by the wind! That was bad enough!
But ummm...You must have looked so funny! And some pics for the memories too!

willow said...

Sorry, I'm still laughing!!! :D

Lori R. said...

haaahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhaaaaahhhaaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhaaahaa!!!!!
Sharon, better not try multi-tasking anymore, could be the death of ya!!!

sarayutouched said...

oh sister...i feel your pain!! i'm laughing...but it's with you not at you!! it's time to use that thing...let me see it's coming to me...a pony holder...no more free in the breeze hair!! girl you could have been snatched bald!! did you get the sander back together???? i can see you being mad cause this little side trip it cutting into your production time.

thanks for sharing...just be careful!!!

Golden West said...

Good grief! Never a dull moment at Casa Sharon!

MARY PERNULA said...

Oh my gosh, what a ordeal you got yourself in, I have has my long hair get caught into things b/4 and it can be funny, thanks for making me laugh. HUGS MARY

T said...

Great photo. I probably would of freaked and just cut my hair! haha Thanks for the giggle and I am glad it all worked out okay.

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

OMG!*!*! That's a "hairy tale" if I ever heard one!!! Soooo glad your locks were spared... AND I love the vignette with BOTH chippy side table/cabinets too... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

The Attic Girls said...

you are too much! Wish I could have seen your face at the moment it happpened...lol

You are tempting me with that Orange Clove soap!!! I will be ordering soon. :)

nanc

turquoisemoon said...

ha ha ha..ho ho ho!!! You are too funny!!! Got my laugh for the day. Thanks!
xoxox

Spadoman said...

That's a good one. I'll add that to my repertoire when the stories about such things happen. I used to tell them in the bar, now it's at the coffee shop around the table with the other old guys like myself.
There's the one about the guy who got a drill stuck in his long hair, similar to your plight. We nicknamed him "Hairball" and decided that he needed a native spiritual name as well, so we called him "Dances With Drill".
Then there was my friend and fewllow motorcycle rider. he was the stereotypical one, you know, with the leather and the chain attached to his wallet? Well, he got the wallet stuck on the screw of a chair at a fancy restaurant. The manager had to get the restaurant's handyman to take it apart. He looked hilariousn walking towards the back room while holding the chair up to his rear end!
Actually, you shouldn't have any shame. You have long beautiful hair and maybe you could protect it with a pony tail next time, but you were wise to take apart the tool and unravel instead of pull it out. (Duh! That's what I would have done!)

Peace to you.

sassytrash said...

I would NOT have cut my hair either!! Good thing you had someone to call! You are so funny!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh TOO funny!! :D


Isn't it great that you found the matching stand - that's awesome!

Jan

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh at your misfortune, but it was knda funny.
Did remind of the time my sister managed to get her hair caught in one of those hand held electric beaters while she was baking a cake.
She saw a spider on the wall in the kitchen, screamed, liftd the beaters out of the bowl, and somehow got her hair caught.

vintagesue said...

that is funny. sorry....but that is funny. sounds so like something that would happen to me...only i have no hair to get stuck!!
i must say...your orange clove soap looks soooo yummy. if i was there, i would buy it up!!! always enjoy your blog!!
take care
sue

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

You nut!! You are cracking me up!!!!

Arija said...

Can't stop the giggles...
I would have reached for the scissors, and next time, tied my hair up, what was left of it.

Gatherings said...

Well between that picture of you and the image of Barb C. all wet in front of a customer I am still chuckling! Must have been hard to take a picture at the same time!