Monday, July 19, 2010

Earth, Wind and Fire...and sad...


A new necklace...to honor the Mother...you guys know me by now and know that I'm a huge
'save the planet' proponent, so most of my projects involve recycling.
You also know I'm outspoken when it comes to overpopulation...
Watched a program last night on future power and sadly, the United States is lagging way behind in that department...why...
because our government is running amok being run by oil men.
They don't care about you and me, it's all about the dollar!

Scratchy and I took our early Sunday drive across the river into Illinois, notice all the trash 'long side the highway...sad...

Derelict barns jut out of the landscape, not wanting to let go of what once was...

I always hate to see a hog confinement, proof that the dollar speaks, pollution is set aside to feed the masses...gluttony 'round every corner...I also noticed that the hillside across from this farm was covered in massive 100 year old oak trees, many dead and many showing the ravages of some sort of affliction...

Mercury pollution perhaps...these are stacks over in Iowa, polluting two state areas, power plants ruled by the dollar rather than common sense.
It cracks me up when the inspectors make you scrape off lead paint, what a joke...
when mercury is allowed to spew from 'CLEAN COAL' power plants all over the globe...
there is no such thing as clean coal...it's toxic!

The US needs to get over itself and start producing clean energy, because in the near future we will still be at the mercy of purchasing energy from foreign sources, as our population dies from the neglect and the greed of the corporations!

It's up to us to make the change!

5 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You have said a lot with your photos, espeically Scratchy looking out at what we, as stweards of the earth, have done. I'm sad too. I don't know what it will take to wake people up..but wee can't give up trying and your post is evidence of this - thanks Iowan Sister..

willow said...

I always love to see your wonderful Iowa.

dulcy said...

Amen Sharon! It's simply heartbreaking and is so much bigger than one person can wrap their mind around. I feel like all I can do is take care of my tiny plot of Missouri, make my property and small wildlife habitat clean and inviting. Thanks for this thoughtful post (you should see (and smell) the chicken operations in Arkansas. Sickening!
ox
dulcy

Barbara and Nancy said...

Hear,hear!

Golden West said...

There's some good news from California - cleaner water and air than back when I was growing up in the 1950s and 1960s. Our town is bounded on the north and south by what we used to call "sloughs" - they were dirty, smelly stagnant bodies of water that are now open to the ocean and flushed clean with the tides and have become major bird sanctuaries along the migratory route. We even have peregrine falcons now! And the brown pelicans have made their way off the endangered list and are thriving. Less roadside trash, cleaner beaches, cleaner air - I have reason to be optimistic!