Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I did on my day off...

What do you do with all that tarnished old silver...
well, I just watch it hang around and wait for a breeze to make it sing.

This old pump pulley is fair game...the tinkle of silverware hangin' in the breeze is a pleasant country sound that I just can't get enough of.

BEFORE...

AFTER...
Isn't she just the cutest...first haircut for this Schnorky...
what a face!

I warned you I'd make use of the body parts...
check out 'The Wild Thing' for the rest of the show...
don't be afraid...

Oh yeah, I made a batch of strawberry jam too.
This'll be yummy on toast with coffee on a cold winter's morn.
Just a bit of my day off...
Hope yours was fun!

6 comments:

suzeeez said...

You've been one busy lady! Your blog is one of my favorites ! I love your blog and love the things you create. I might have to use your old silver plate idea....I have tons of it in my shop. I'm also going to maker my first batch of soap ( for myself ) and I was thinking of pouring it into a old 9 x 13 pan so I can cut my bars any way I'd like. Do you use pans? Do I have to spray them first or will the soap come out of them ok?
:o) Sue

Lori R. said...

That wasn't a day off!!! Sounds to me like you worked all day...
YUM,,, strawberry jam...

Golden West said...

Yum! Homemade strawberry jam with home grown strawberries - doesn't get much better than that!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow - I'd hate to see it when you're busy!!

Love the silverware wind chimes! I have an old rake - tell us how you did that? Spill, sista!!
The pup is adorable - oh and we found a woman now who has had her own little shop for 23 years - and we love taking the dogs to her instead of those "big box" pet groomer/stores..she's our Salt Lake YOU! Have a good one and give Scratchy a big old Utah hug!

sassytrash said...

Hey Miz Repose....you sure aren't in the doldrums!! I love your wind chimes...they are too cool! and strawberry jam? you're putting Martha to shame now girl!
I know you had a blast making those funky dingle babies!!! Thanks for inspiring me to get paddling and forget waiting for a breeze.

Hope your storms have died down, and the shop is full of buyers!

lifespassion said...

Love the wind chimes, Sharon! You did an awesome job. And Colleen at freshvintage would LOVE that freaky doll parts thing!